The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania(AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high- quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology program, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programs.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
AKHST is seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced personnel as described below:
Inventory Officer – (1 Position)
REPORTING TO THE ASSISTANT MANAGER, WAREHOUSE
Inventory Analyst is responsible for managing medical & nonmedical items, controlling day-to-day inventory operations, and implementing inventory control protocols. He or she should be analytical with strong attention to detail, possess acute commercial awareness and be able to interpret and implement data on consumer trends and spending.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining and improving the company’s inventory situation by analyzing inventory statistics to determine which products are selling and which are not.
- Placing inventory orders and tracking deliveries
- Allocating inventory to the correct departments as it comes into the warehouse and arranging for pickups and shipments.
- Performing extensive research on a wide range of inventory-related reports, from previous inventory reports to national purchasing trends.
- Directing buyers and stockroom workers.
- Performing regular inventory counts.
- Drafting inventory reports that document inventory counts, discrepancies, and other statistical data.
- Reporting inventory statistics to management and suggesting improvements to inventory control.
- Coordinating with other workers to resolve discrepancies between inventory and revenue.
- Creating and maintaining inventory databases and systems for accurately managing inventory.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor or designee
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Qualification is Diploma in Material Management
- Should have registration from Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in hospital warehouse setting.
- Analytical skills: It is important that applicants apply logic and data analysis to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions.
- Knowledge of stocks in and out, Reorder levels, safety stocks, Lead-time as well as Expiry management.
- Computer skills: Stock analysts also work with computers, so it is important that applicants are skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications like Word and Excel.
- Self-starter: Applicants should have the ability to work independently and report findings confidently to the rest of the investment team.
- Communication skills: They should possess outstanding writing and verbal communication skills necessary to work in a team environment, as well as possess the capacity to author exceptional differentiated sell-side equity research.
- Organizational skills: They also need to have the ability to handle multiple tasks while working independently or across teams
- Applicants should be detail-oriented with demonstrated interest in public equity investing.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected] WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net- zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”