INVENTORY OFFICER – NGARA
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit an Inventory Officer to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role will be responsible for management of all inventories on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for inventory accounting for a Tembo Nickel site The role will have direct responsibility for all inventory accounting and work closely with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Finance department.
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager.
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site- Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct month end accounting, close journal entries and month end close processes.
- Reconcile of accounts payable and RNI/INR.
- Monthly reconciliations of inventory, receivable, and liability accounts
- Monitor physical inventory according to financial standards and determine process controls to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ensure proper accounting controls are in p-lace. Liaise with internal and external audit.
- Partner with finance team to report on any monthly variances.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Inspect the levels of products to identify shortages.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for site needs.
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory.
- Use software to monitor demand and document the characteristics of inventory.
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues, etc.
- Prepare the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- Prepare the reports on adjustments on inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory, and warehousing functions.
- Maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Accounting, Materia Management, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- 5 years of work experience in Inventory Management.
- Conversant with inventory management systems.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional teams.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email email@example.com
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Application closing date is 30th October,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.