VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) is a Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of Tshs. 22 billion and 53,000 customer base, more that 3,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT is seeking to employ dynamic and committed Tanzanian who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below:
Work Reference No. 11 Position: Investigator
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
The purpose of this position is to plan, perform, report and followup on specific investigation assignments in VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd. under the guidance of the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing investigation engagement memos and develop and implement investigation procedures to validate reported fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
- Leading and/or performing financial and operational investigations in VFT Head Office, Branches and Business centers, involving reported allegations of fraud, waste and abuse in accordance with VFI and VFT policies and procedures.
- Examining and evaluating suspected fraud allegations through detailed review and analysis of documentary and physical evidence, contact with claimants, witnesses and experts. The holder will perform fraud investigations and submit reports to the VFT Head of Internal Audit and Investigations, creating and supporting implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk.
- Investigating any reported suspicious activity and report discoveries to the Head of Internal Audit and Investigations; interacting with external partners such as law enforcement agencies, vendors and banks to verify information and determine the validity of the fraud allegations.
- Handle the Whistleblower hotline, receive the whistle blows maintain the whistle-blow register, maintain the whistleblowers with high confidentiality and conducting the investigations for whistle-blows related to fraud, corruption, waste, embezzlement and abuse.
- Join with the other Internal Audit team to conduct the normal audit exercise, whenever there are no fraud cases to investigate.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Laws, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
- CFE – Certification or related certification in fraud investigation
- Certified Fraud examiner (CFE).
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years’ professional experience in investigation, auditing
- Data analysis/data mining skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening and relationship building
- Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Proven ability to promote team-building and interpersonal skills, for successful result
- Good time management for assignments completed in a timely manner
- Experience of the financial institutions investigations or audits
- Must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English & Swahili, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present results using strong presentation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
About our working environment & remuneration:
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where employees are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Application letters stating the position applied for with photocopies of certificates and CVs with three referees should be sent EITHER online to [email protected] OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
The application to reach VFT-MFB not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf