Requisition ID: req7695
Job Title: IT Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
- Ensure that all IRC computers and printers in Kibondo, Mtendeli and Nduta are in working order. Advice supervisor in the maintenance of computers, printers and other IT equipment as requested.
- Level I Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- ICT equipment inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all ICT hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software.
- Ensure all user are connected Kibondo DC and update through Kace is replication to their PC.
- Carry out normal routine services of all LAN systems and Internet connections for Kibondo, Mtendeli and Nduta Internet.
- Supervise computer users and ensure that they are handling computers and accessories as per IRC procedures. Inform all computer users of any alert on virus attack to their computers.
- Ensure that no staff will do repairs or any tempering on computers software or hardware.
- Train staff on simple computer handling and replacing of parts like installing cartridges, back up. Ensuring that computer operations are not affected during his/her planned or unplanned absence.
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (Tz and World-wide) as per the IRC Tz reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Education: Minimum Diploma in Information Technology on the relevant field. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our FREE Job Alerts. You can also find us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Total Jobs 153 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam