Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in
2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food
Security and Livelihood.
About the Programme
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create a positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
There is mounting urgency to support adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) living in poverty, which has been further amplified by the global pandemic. Through this partnership, scalable economic development approaches will be delivered in communities to foster the agency and voice of AGYW. They will have the opportunity to fulfill their aspirations, achieve sustainable livelihoods, and engage in advocacy issues.
IT Manager at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC International will implement an integrated and holistic model to address the various life cycles of a young woman living in poverty, ensuring she is able to transition safely from adolescence to adulthood. She will be equipped with the appropriate skills, tools, and access to finance to effectively exercise her agency and build a fulfilling and productive livelihood.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self- motivated individuals to fill the following position in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
1. IT Manager (AD# MCFBMT-2214)
This position is responsible for strategic and operational alignment between IT and Business of country operation to meet the growing needs of the organization, to serve the programmes within country to design IT operation and lead IT team strategy. The position holder will directly support the implementation of AIM programme digitalization and real time project management and monitoring system.
- Ensure internal IT support services in the country office and field Level operations and maintain industry standard, procedures for in-house/outsourced applications and IT service management.
- Provide technical support to project team in the development of online/digital data collection and management system of projects and ensure the alignment with central digital data management system both at country as well as BI level.
- Identify new requirements, prepare proposals, outline activities, budgets and schedulers for information technology projects. Ensure timely and cost-effective implementation of all IT projects.
- Build business requirements specifications, technical documentation, workflow diagram and UAT of new modules and for new requirement of the existing system as well as for the IT and ERP system
- Prepare training plan and review training materials. Conduct and follow up end user capacity building and refreshment programs
- Plan, design, and manage the deployment of highly available cloud IT infrastructure and associated support services, including networks, telecommunication, security and systems applications for the AIM operations deliverables.
- Coordinate the analysis and troubleshooting of performance and availability of all systems, networks and internet across the country.
- Assist in implementing country ICT policies, procedures, and standards across the systems and network teams. Develop and implement IT Business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure accurate country business requirement is provided for the AIM system development project with respect to the project needs and modality.
- Perform AIM system configuration, forms/tools development, report design and administration as part of IT Support Service.
- Oversee the AIM project monitoring and MIS, as well as building capacity of relevant monitoring and programme staff members to collect, collate and analyse data to produce various reports including data visualization for evidence- based decision making.
• Contributes to the AIM project knowledge management repository with best practices in M&E and ICT
and ensure that it is accessible to all staff and partners under this project
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to
achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure
the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
Graduate in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with post graduate degree in IT/Business
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Requirement analysis, strong analytical and program solving skill
- Use case test case design & quality assurance.
- Building IT Security and assurance Policy.
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business.
- Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting industry and knowledge of best practices.
- Drive, flexibility, resilience and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively work remotely, across time zones and team locations, as well in person with multiple teams of stakeholders
- Ability to initiate and facilitate interactions with people who can share their insights and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to translate complex technological implementation language to non-technical people.
- 3+ Years working experience in Software Development and IT Service Management experience in
Large Development Organization.
- Network infrastructure, database, cloud and data center operations, and security protocols
- IT project Management.
- SQL & Database Management system.
- Scope Documents, Use Case, Test Case, UML Design & SQL writing skill.
- Software requirement analysis skill in Accounts, Finance, Microfinance, HR, Payroll, Procurement, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Proposal Tracking, Budgeting and Fund Management, Project Management & supply chain management.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Planning and conduction large scale users’ trainings.
- Experience in developing digital solutions i.e DFA, agent & mobile banking will be advantageous.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 12th Nov 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.