The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: IT officer-1 Post
Report to: KIM-Specialist
Location: Dar es salaam
This position is found at CSSC Head Office and Reports to the KIM-Specialist to support ICT development activities within CSSC and member institutions.
The role of ICT Officer offers an opportunity to contribute to the positive impact by supporting the use of technology and related software and programs in the Organization, enabling the delivery of effective and secure IT systems and contributing to development and implementation of IT standards and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Organization including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Propose design improvements to the Organization’s ICT architecture and work with the ICT Business Partner to integrate requirements into the ICT strategic framework.
- Support and contribute to ICT-related tasks or projects through the implementation of appropriate technologies and solutions.
- Support the CSSC its facilities of Practice to leverage collaborative IT services and infrastructure across the System.
- Ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems, including: general computer support and software development, installations and effectiveness
- Manage support services for the Organization’s IT systems, platforms, and products; including management of IT support technician(s), communicating job expectations, and appraising performance as appropriate.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems.
- Develop and update IT processes and procedures, and ensure they are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for IT equipment and services.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the Local Area Network (LAN) and systems to ensure that Network Operating Systems support data base, documents, resources and other data files;
- Manage all applications associated with electronic mail, etc. for all CSSC offices;
- Provide ICT support service; receive, test, and install systems and telecommunications software;
- Maintain all Operating System, and anti-virus software, ensuring compliance with registrations and upgrades;
- Provide software troubleshooting support seeking technical advice and support from KIM specialist as required;
- Provide staff training on all software, files management/maintenance
- carry out periodic computer skills surveys to determine end user knowledge of applications; and identity training requirements and propose cost effective measures to upgrade staff skills;
- Administrative of data base activities for the organisation
- Provide monthly reports on activities of the unit;
- Undertake such other duties as may be requested by the supervisor to support delivery of the ICT strategy and the Organization’s business plan.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information technology or other related field with some technical training in electronic or telecommunication
Experiences and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical IT, telecommunication and electronic roles, preferably in NGO/FBO other formal sectors.
- Computer literacy in a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, data base and graphics packages (MS Office) and with electronic mail (e-mail)
- Excellent technical knowledge of and experience with a variety of technologies, including MS Office suites.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address: [email protected]
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.