Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their whole selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visitDalberg.
You are global development leader and you thrive tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg Senior Specialists live and work around the world, creating a network of global perspectives anchored by local experience in our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SENIOR SPECIALIST:
- At least 2 years of managing high-performing teams in a problem-solving, analytical environment.
- Prior management experience with 8-10 years of deep technical experience in development- or business-related sectors
- Minimum of 5 years of experience framing and analyzing evidence-based solutions to strategic challenges
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and oral
- Demonstrated initiative and capacity to perform well in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Bachelor’s in business administration or bachelor’s in public administration/policy from a top university; master’s or PhD a plus
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
- Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
- Demonstrated fluency in English and Swahili languages in speaking and writing; proficiency with other languages is a plus
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Senior Specialists are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horsepower that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Senior Specialists deliver creative ideas and results for our clients worldwide.
With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Senior Specialists are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
- Take accountability for the quality of client deliverables
- Take a leadership role in building and managing the firm
- Manage relationships with clients and other stakeholders, often serving as the first point of contact for content questions and logistics
- Provide guidance to team members at all stages of the project; maintain responsibility for project budgets and timelines
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contribute to thought leadership initiatives in order to generate new business engagements
- Actively contribute to Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This opportunity is in our Dalberg Dar es Salaam office.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by September 11, 2020. Your application should include a resume and cover letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg.
Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience.
- The recruited candidates will play an advisory role on any projects within their area of expertise, while shadowing a Senior Project Manager, playing an apprenticeship role alongside the Project Directors, and receiving Technical Coaching to hone their consulting skillset.
- Employment in the Dalberg Dar es Salaam office is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to work and live in Tanzania.
Closing Date: 11 Sep 2020