Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Knowledge Management & Communication Specialist for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Tanzania, expected to start in mid-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and execution of a knowledge management strategy for the Tanzania MEL activity, working closely with staff, Panagora, and USAID to ensure all needs of the activity and client are met.
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes, and protocols.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Promote information and knowledge sharing, collaboration, and learning to support decision-making and continuous improvement (use of evidence-based approaches) in line with the USAID collaborate, learn and adapt (CLA) standards.
- Support development and implementation of information and content management strategies ensuring that all knowledge and learning assets are archived and searchable.
- Assist development of technical publications, reports, learning briefs, updates, newsletters, presentations, videos, posters, and social media content as needed.
- Work to continuously improve knowledge sharing and management platforms, tools, and processes for the Tanzania MEL activity.
- Support the Learning & Institutional Capacity Building Advisor to develop, plan, and execute Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activities.
- Assist in developing and facilitating learning events for the Tanzania MEL activity, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Learning & Institutional Capacity Building Advisor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, International Development or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in CLA, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Thorough understanding of knowledge management and communication theory and practice.
- Experience implementing and managing new information and workflow systems and processes.
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and training to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Prior experience with USAID projects in various sectors.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
- Reports to: Chief of Party