Health Links Initiative (HLI) is a Non-Governmental Organization, with a vision of “Better quality assurance practices in public health laboratory and medicine in Tanzania’. It is composed of multidisciplinary team of experts drawn medical scientists. Information management. Health Economics, financing and Strategic planning, committed to support the health system strengthening. The Dar es Salaam Office is located at CAPITAL PLAZA PLOT # 397 8lock J Mwai Kibaki Road, 14121, Mbezi Beach B, Dar Es Salaam. Tanzania.
HLI as a part of a consortium with the Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) has been awarded by the US Centers for Diseases Prevention and Control (CDC) funds to implement the Project Strengthening the Quality, Accessibility and Sustainability of the National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS) in United Republic of Tanzania under the President’s’ Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). HU is looking for competent candidates to fill In several positions as outlined below so as to implement the project;
The Senior Laboratory Scientist will provide technical support to the NHLS Project in all matters related to laboratory systems strengthening, including implementation of ECHO project implementation of the laboratory quality systems and training.
- Provide technical assistance to supported sites, including regular site level joint systematic supervision and mentorship to ensure smooth implementation of laboratory services in all supported SNUs.
- Oversee the implementation of the ‘Lab ECHO* including developing training materials, identification of facilitators, coordinate ‘Lab ECHO’sessions including Monitoring of attendance. Trouble shoot gaps and propose solutions and improvement strategies
- Support hubs at the national and zonal level and spokes per SNUs in running and evaluation of ECHO sessions
- Participate in regular project and joint supportive supervision at the Zones, Regions and Health Facilities to ensure availability of quality laboratory services
- Support collection, aggregation, utilization and reporting of laboratory data to facilitate informed laboratory strengthening decision making at all levels.
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by his/her supervisors
Bachelor Degree and Masters in laboratory sciences related field
Postgraduate training in laboratory quality management systems is an added advantage
- Demonstrated abilities to implement laboratory quality management systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills including an approachable attitude, providing mentorship and technical support to staff working in the project.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Demonstrated skills in use of Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, effectively and collaboratively within a team;
- Good communication skills, being Fluent in English and Swahili
- Atleast 5 years working experience in managing laboratory under donor support and or national/regional level
- Two to three years of work at supervisory level in a medical/clinical laboratory section including.
- Two to three years experience in training and coaching in medical laboratory diagnostics and professional behaviors.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application through our email [email protected] instructed under Job Vacancies section attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV with Maximum of four pages by April 24th, 2018.
The subject of the email should be the job position you are applying for. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach certificate when submitting online.
HLI is an equal opportunity employer; Women, People Living with HIV/AIDS and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Source: Daily News April 16, 2018