The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
- Performing daily bench activities such as temperature charting, benching decontamination, sample archiving, documents archiving, and maintenance of waste disposal in the respective area.
- Appropriate review of patient results prior to their Authentication.
- Recording and reporting all critical results to the concerned clinician or Nurse in-charge following procedures for Reporting Critical Values and documentation.
- Communicate all Quality matters to the Section Head and QAO and Safety matters to the Safety Officer.
- Monitor all urgent and critical tests requests Turn Around Time e.g. ICU, HDU and A&E.
- Supervision of Lab Assistants during their shift making sure to fill in gaps if workload increases in other sections – demonstrate team player role.
- Monitor stock levels within their areas of operation and alert the Section Head or Lab Manager in case of anticipated stock out of reagents.
- Performing periodic External Quality Assurance Testing and participate in review of their results.
- Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from Recognized University.
- Must be registered with the Laboratory Board
- Minimum 1 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of JCIA and ISO 15189 Quality Standard.
- Be familiar and experienced with the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), in terms of application and utilization.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.