ICAP-Tanzania in partnership with National AIDS Control Programme (NACP), National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and with funding from the Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is conducting an upcoming survey to measure the prevalence of HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and risk behaviors among key and vulnerable populations in seven regions of Tanzania, to estimate their population size in the survey sites, and gauge progress toward reaching 95-95-95 targets.
Job no: 493110
Work type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Dar es Salam, Tanzania – Kagera, Tanzania – Mwanza, Tanzania – Tanga
1. LABORATORY TECHNICIAN.
The incumbent will conduct venous blood draw and administer rapid diagnostic tests for HIV and other STIs as part of survey procedures.
- Conduct venous blood draw from consenting participants,
- Administer rapid diagnostic tests for HIV, recent HIV infection, syphilis, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C according to test kit procedures,
- Record biomarker test results,
- Support data entry for biomarker results,
- Identify and report adverse event(s) to the Site Coordinator,
- Ensure high quality data and ethical and moral conduct to collect accurate and valid information,
- Safeguard assigned data collection equipment, keeping it in good working condition and charged, ready for data collection,
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality throughout the survey,
- Ensure proper sample collection, labelling, packaging, reporting and storage as per the national guidelines. Maintaining samples chain of custody and cold chain as relevant
- Ensure all laboratory biological waste is packaged and disposed according to applicable procedures.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the investigators
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must have completed a diploma or bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science
- At least on year experience in clinical research or surveys is
- Detail oriented and highly organized, able to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt and work with diverse groups of
- Knowledge of Good Clinical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of and practical experience working with key populations is preferred
Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Total Jobs 199 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam