- Toperform routine tests in assigned area of the laboratory as per current SOP
- To ensure specimens collected and received are documented or managed properly before analysis
- To evaluate specimen adequacy for test performance
- To perform and document preventative and corrective maintenance, function checks.
- To perform, evaluate and document quality control data and assure that patient results are reported when quality control does not pass
- To ensure safe working environment in the working Clinical Laboratory
- To perform instrument troubleshooting to correct problems
- Refer client’s inquiries to relevant clinicians
- To ensure specimens collected and received are well documented
- Ensure timely provision of various reports to laboratory
- To ensure valid results are verified before dispatch and are sent to the clinics/wards in a timely fashion
- Draw blood from all Booking patients for Antenatal clinic, see specific booking blood request form
- Be able to give appropriate counselling for HIV testing
- Liaise with procurement officer on a timely basis for procurement of reagents
- Maintain a Blood bank, with emergency blood available whenever possible.
- Remain a confidential approach to patients’ blood results
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of the laboratory
- Use universal precautions when drawing and disposing of samples
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, Copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to [email protected] before 15th March, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!