The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar (CEZ) established in 1998 by a Kuwait based charity organization, Direct Aid. As part of our expansion programme, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non Tanzanians to fill various academic and administrative vacant posts as follows:
Job title: Laboratory Technician
Duty station: SUMAIT University (Alhajiry Dispensary)
Reporting to: Head, Alhajiry Dispensary
A Laboratory Technician is the backbone of a lab scientific research. His/her work is almost entirely laboratory-based and technicians may work alone or as part of a team of scientific staff. They can work in most health and medical areas including forensics, health and dispensary.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide information for patient’s diagnosis treatment by performing laboratory tests.
- To maintain all medical equipment and materials.
- To report to the SUMAIT University Dispensary Doctor.
- To perform basic laboratory procedures such as testing specimen and record results.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to him or her by senior
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Holder of diploma in clinical laboratory or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Three years of experience in Health Centre, Dispensary or other related areas.
- Fluent in English and Swahili (both written and spoken).
- Basic computer knowledge (Word and Excel) and skills in Lab information systems. Analytical approach to work and professionalism.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references.
Salary and Renummerations
SUMAIT University offers very attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 31 January, 2020. Or you can send your application through: Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933,
Email at: [email protected]