Position: Lead Researcher
Position Type: Short Term
Position Location: Tanzania
ME&A is recruiting a Lead Researcher for the USAID funded Public Sector Systems Strengthening (PS3) activity. The purpose of this Evaluation is to examine the evolution over time of revenue and operational expenditure indicators of the Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and/or health facilities, whether there have been changes in the time trends of revenues and expenditures at about the time of adoption of four public finance management information systems supported by the PS3 activity. The information systems are the Facility Financing and Reporting System (FFARS), PlanRep, Government of Tanzania Health Operations Monitoring Systems (GoTHOMIS), and Local Government Revenue Collection Information System (LGRCIS).
The Lead Researcher will provide overall strategic oversight and analytical leadership to the evaluation. The research lead is expected to have the depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, management and interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the specific technical and managerial requirements of the scope of work.
- Liaising with national governments to conduct economic analysis and develop strategies for strengthening project implementation;
- Demonstrated expertise of multivariate analysis, economics, health economics and cost efficiency analysis;
- Experience with feasibility, design and implementation of rigorous impact evaluations;
- Leading research teams to analyze trends and quantitative comparisons among different variables;
- Leading teams to produce research outputs for USAID;
- Demonstrated expert interpersonal skills.
- Ph.D. degree in economics, health economics or other equivalent subjects;
- Ten (10) years’ research experience in economic analysis with at least five (5) of which must have been in a management capacity;
- Fluent oral and written English skills
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
Application deadline is 17th January 2020.