Stella Maris Mtwara University College (STEMMUCO) – A Constituent College of Saint Augustine University of Tanzania is a private higher learning Institution owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) with a vision to become a reputable and vibrant higher learning institution responsive to regional, national and international development needs.
STEMMUCO is an equal opportunity employer and it intends to recruit competent academicians capable to impart professional skills and inculcate civic and social values to students that will make them better citizens. The applicants are required to fill the following Academic vacant positions:
Faculty of Education
- PhD in Education 3 positions – Lecturer
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants for the position of Lecturer m u st have a PhD degree in relevant field. He or she must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher from reputable Higher Learning Institutions registered/recognized by TCU. They must be potentially good academically.
Main Duties For; Lecturer
- Conducting lecturers, tutorial, seminars and practical for undergraduate and Masters programmes.
- Carrying out field supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Mentoring junior staff in all relevant matters
- Participating in curriculum development
- Participating in developing and managing of various university projects.
- Undertaking research and publishing research results.
- Carrying out community/outreach services. (h) Undertaking consultancy
- Preparing teaching manuals and compendia.
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate student projects.
- Attending/organizing workshops, conferences and symposia
- Any relevant duty that may be assigned by the relevant authority
- Undergoing induction course in pedagogical skill for those who had none before.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Contract basis of three (3) years (renewable). However, confirmation of the position shall be made after satisfactory completion of first year of employment.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates.
Mode of Application
Application should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), Providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) Reliable referees and copies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts.
Deadline for Receiving Applications
The applications should be submitted to the address below not later than October 30th 2019 at 1600 hours. Any application received after due date will not be considered. Short-listed applicants for interview will be notified and should be available for the exercise physically or SKYPE (depending on the whereabouts/location of the concerned).
Be careful of imposters. We don’t charge fee for this service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applications should be addressed to
Human Resource Director,
Stella Maris Mtwara University College,
P.O. BOX 674,
Email: [email protected]