VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of TZS. 17 Billion and 30,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work reference no. 005
Position: Legal Officer
Reporting to: Head of Risk and Compliance
PURPOSE OF POSITION
In charge of all Legal matters.
- Coordinate all legal issues in liaison with Retainer Lawyers and Department/Branch & Business Centre Managers on matters arising from different areas of operations
- Review all Legal documents, i.e. Contracts, Agreements and the like for VFT-MFB and ensures compliance to all existing regulations
- Provide technical advice to VFT Management on issues pertained to Tanzania Laws and Regulations
- Handle all staff labor related matters and represent VFT-MFB when required in lawsuits, legal process, mediation & arbitration
- Working in collaboration with retainer Lawyers to ensure that all cases are adequately attended and in a timely manner
- Maintaining a tracker for all legal disputes/litigation and prepares monthly report on the same
- Provide Legal support in working with external debt collectors
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two years working experience as Legal Officer and expertise in labor laws
- Postgraduate diploma in legal practice from (School of Law) is an added advantage
Special / Personal Abilities
- Excellent character and unquestionable integrity
- Innovative and analytical
- Very good planning skills
- Proficient in Micro Soft office applications
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
About our working environment & remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to [email protected]. The position should be the subject of the email application. OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P. O. Box 1546,
The application should reach the undersigned not later than 25th April 2021.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank would like to inform the general public that it has not engaged any consultant/agent to conduct recruitment on its behalf