The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) seeks the services of a suitably qualified person to fill the following positions, at its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Position Title: Library Assistant
The Library Assistant shall provide technical support services for the day to day running of the Library and Documentation center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry into the online catalogue;
- Sorting material according to classification or catalogue numbers and arranging materials for shelving and other processes;
- Handling circulation desk operations including check in/out of materials;
- Creating and maintaining databases;
- Developing, processing and managing collections including delivery and collection of materials to and from faculty offices;
- Updating library records;
- Communicating library policies and procedures;
- Monitoring the use of library facilities by users;
- Attending to Library users appropriately;
Qualifications and experience
- A Diploma in Library studies and Information Technology or equivalent qualification with five (5) years relevant experience.
Competence and Skills
- Ability to use technology in enhancing the overall effectiveness of the Library, including web based methods of improving technological access to information;
- Good overall knowledge of archiving and filing information as well as maintaining databases and reference information;
- Capable of evaluating resources and finding the best ones for addressing different questions or issues;
- Ability to professionally search databases, internet resources, and catalogs to find needed information;
- Ability to communicate well with library staff as well as customers;
- Deep knowledge of books so as to be able to advise readers as to which good books for their reading level and interests;
- Ability to present information clearly;
- Strong level of customer service skills;
- Ability to adapt to new tools, systems and situations as they arise for information technology is constantly evolving and shifting;
- Team player
Mode of Application
Applications together with detailed CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General
P.O. BOX 3030
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date – Applications should be received within two (2) months from the date of the Advertisement.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!