The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts on contract basis:
Job Title: Library Assistant IV (1 post) at Mbeya College of Health and Allied Sciences (1 post)
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants should possess a Form IV certificate plus a Certificate (NTA 5) in Library and Information Studies from a recognized and reputable institution. Possession of Diploma in Library and Information Studies is an added advantage.
- Performs more routine and clerical duties e.g. handling of simple enquiries from readers, bibliographical searching, collection of
- Library statistics etc. as determined by one’s reporting officer; ii. Processes added copies and continuations
- Maintains public and staff catalogues
- Ensures proper shelves of books and periodicals
- Copies catalogues with CIP data
- Handles inter library loans-gifts and exchanges
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her senior.
Salary Scale: PGSS 2
TERMS OF SERVICE: Short-term one (1) year fixed – term contract.
Possible continuation to following fixed – term contracts is subject to satisfactory performance.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age; ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts i.e. postal address/post code, e-mail, telephone numbers etc. and should indicate three (3) reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Applicants must attach certified copies of the following certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate; Applicants must attach their recent passport size photo;
- Applicants employed in the Public Service on permanent and pensionable terms and those who retired/resigned or were terminated from the Public
- Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Candidates who apply for positions at the Institute of Marine Sciences (located in Zanzibar) and Mbeya College of Health and Allied Sciences (located in Mbeya) should indicate so in their application letters; and
- Candidates who apply for posts of Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory Technician and Laboratory Assistant should indicate the Department and fields they apply in their application letters.
A signed application letter should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
- Deadline for application is two (2) weeks from the date of this advertisement. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- Applicants for posts at the Institute of Marine Sciences (IMS) Zanzibar must be residents of Zanzibar or must be willing to work in Zanzibar without the possibility of transfer to mainland. Residents of Zanzibar will be given priority.
- Deadline will be 07 January, 2020
Issued on 23rd December, 2019
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!