Logistics Plans Coordinator
NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd (NORPLAN) is a multidisciplinary firm of Consulting Engineers registered with Engineers Registration Board as a Local Consulting Company under Registration Number LCF 092. NORPLAN is a member of Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET).
Due to expansion of our services we are seeking services of a Logistics Plans Coordinator
The Logistics Shipping Clerk will be responsible for all Logistics interface between Dar es Salaam / Tanga Port. The position will report to the Port Interface Logistics Manager. The job will require the incumbent to move to the various port sites both Dar es Salaam and Tanga (or other ports as required) to manage the interface with Construction Contractors / Port Staff, including Customs and Immigration. The post is also responsible for the collection of all relevant paperwork (electronically), the filing and storage of said paperwork for the Project. They will also provide a liaison function in support of the Port Interface Logistics Manager.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- BA or BS preferred.
- 8-10 yrs. minimum in project Traffic & Maritime Logistics including on site experience.
- Must have a practical knowledge of port activities, the dispatch of vehicles including paperwork, routing, restraint and dangerous goods.
- Dangerous goods qualification highly desirable.
- Must have extensive experience of Logistic Maritime field related work with specific experience in the associated Logistic paperwork.
- Must have an extensive proven knowledge of the Tanzanian Ugandan customs & excise, and immigration and road permitting procedures / laws.
- Must have proven experience and be able to work without immediate supervision and act on own initiative.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have extensive knowledge of commercial transportation and logistics practices and standards as they relate to Tanzanian / Ugandan operations.
- Keen safety awareness, HES Qualification desirable.
- Lifting and slinging experience / qualification highly desirable.
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain Logistics desirable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and interact with operations, project, and construction management.
- Must have good and proven IT skills.
- Operates well in multi-company team environment.
- Prompt and driven worker.
- Knowledgeable and up to date with Project Management policies and procedures and brings any non-compliance issues to the attention of management.
- May be called upon to supervise the activities of other logistic management personnel in support of project traffic & logistics activities.
- Has knowledge of Logistic Management Systems / software and I capable of producing reports and briefings.
- Is fully conversant with all HES / R3 protocols, programmes and requirements.
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
Must be able to manage the Logistic interface between Port Authorities and Construction Logistics Contractors / Material Control staff / Transport Companies and drivers.
Mode of Application:
Qualified Candidates should send applications to the address indicated below. The application letter should be enclosed with:
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards
- One passport size photograph attached to application letter
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The Managing Director
NORPLAN Tanzania Limited
Consulting Engineers and Planners
House Number 20, Warioba Street, Mikocheni B, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 2820
Dar es Salaam
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 November 2022.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.