The Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) is charged with the task of providing leadership to the Health Sector Response to HIV/AIDS.
In fulfilling this task, the MoHCDGEC through the National AIDS Control Programme has solicited support and collaboration from different stakeholders. Using the obtained resources, the NACP is looking for suitable candidates to fill in the following vacant positions. The successful candidates will work under contractual agreement for a period of one year with possibility of renew.
In that connection, the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies:
Posted by Mabumbe
Position: M & E Officer
Reporting to the Head – Strategic Information – NACP
Management of HIV and AIDS Data base at National level.
- Main tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate development of protocols for recording and reporting of HIV/ and AIDS services in line with M&E frame work plan for the j current Health Sector Strategic Plan.
- Establish the requirement and distribution national plan for the recording and reporting tools for HIV and AIDS Services to ensure regular availability of these tools at service provision points.
- Coordinate development and revision of training packages and standard operating procedures for HIV and AIDS interventions reporting systems.
- Coordinate Implementation of Quality Improvement Strategy for HIV and AIDS recording and reporting with other institutions and/or organizations.
- Establish and implement a plan for regular dissemination of HIV and AIDS data.
- Promote the use of the HIV and AIDS data for improvement of services provisions, monitoring and planning at facility, district, regional and national levels.
- Coordinate and conduct Supportive Supervision to service provision and management points to intensify HIV and AIDS Services.
- As part of the technical team at National AIDS Control program, attend any other assignments as directed by the Head of Strategic Information, Administrator and Programme Manager.
- Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics plus Diploma or Degree in Information Technology. A Public Health qualification will be an asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management of information systems or monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ability to work with computer software including. MS office, MS excel and MS power point applications;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in working with Local Government Authorities (LGA) systems is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and facilitation skills
- Familiarity working with multiple implementers all aiming at obtaining the 90,90,90 strategy
Deadline of application:
Candidates who meet the requirements are asked to address their applications including a CV, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials to the under-mentioned address not later than 29th July, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children
Attn: Programme Manager
E-mail: [email protected]