RE- ADVERTISED POST FOR MANAGER AGRIBUSINESS –DAR ES SALAAM
TPB Bank PLC is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative products. TPB Bank PLC is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, TPB BANK PLC commits itself towards attaining, retaining and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB BANK PLC betterment and the Nation at large.
TPB Bank PLC seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Manager Agribusiness (1 position) to join the Directorate of Retail Business Banking team.
|DIRECT REPORTING LINE||Senior Manager Credit|
|LOCATION||Dar es Salaam|
|WORK SCHEDULE||As Per TPB Bank PLC Staff Regulations|
|SALARY||Commensurate To The Job Advertised|
Manager Agribusiness will oversee and manage all functions relating to the Warehouse Receipts System (WRS) which finances storable post-harvest commodity inventory deposited into accredited warehouses by cooperative/unions, AMCOS, individuals and companies.
Further; to guarantee good customer service, improved asset performance (growth and quality), profitability, effective risk control and management in line with TBP’s lending Policy and Procedure
- Identify and analyze strategic business development opportunities to drive growth in the agricultural value chain through the application of Warehouse Receipt System financial
- Support the warehouse/SILO Receipt Financing Systems management for enhanced
- Properly coordinate and manage; Warehouse Receipt System financing products, execute internal and external relationships to ensure appropriate operations activities to WRS stakeholders is
- Review and appraisal of credit applications of organizations, companies, associations, cooperatives/unions or individuals; in the area of operation/zone to assess credit risk and make recommendation to approval
- Provide technical expertise on Warehouse Receipt System financing products to branch agriculture credit officers and other stakeholders to implement warehouse receipts systems financing
- Prepare weekly, monthly agriculture loan portfolio performance report and submit them
- Monitor credit and supervise loans disbursed in the area of operations/zone to ensure quality loan book
- Assist branches to prepare budget for the respective loan
- Assist branches under areas of operations to ensure certificates of pledge are submitted by customers and stored in branch custody before loan drawdown and release warrants are issued
- Provide leadership initial recovery and handling claims from the performance Bond Account which is under the custodian of the TWLB for any unredeemed Warehouse
- Ensure warehouse and collateral manager where storable post-harvest commodity financed is deposited and
- Ensure a warehouse management agreement (WMA) between the depositor, warehouse operator/collateral manager and the bank are
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property/asset evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan and submits applications and submit to approving authority.
- To ensure that branches are complying with the established WRS procedure which include applicant’s assessment procedures, credit investigation procedures and a loan monitoring system designed to provide information concerning the performance of WRS Financing.
- Ensure the product quality and loss provisioning is maintained at the acceptable limits as prescribed in the TPB Credit
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned time to time by immediate supervisor
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, agricultural science, Regional Development farming systems or related fields (Master degree will an added advantage).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Warehouse Receipt System Financing from Reputable banks and/or financial
Skills / Attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high proficient in English and
- Conversant with standard computer applications (MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Access).
- Ability to handle emotional labor when dealing with difficult
- Good knowledge of core banking operation
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume.
All Applicant should apply via TPB WEBSITE; www.tpbbank.co.tz/career. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
TPB Bank PLC has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
AVOID SCAMS: NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward.
Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason, please use the Whistle blower policy of the Bank, or call 0222162940 to report the scam. You also don’t need to know one in TPB BANK PLC to be employed. TPB BANK PLC is merit based institution and to achieve this vision, it always goes for the best.
DEADLINE OF THE APPLICATIONS IS 15TH NOVEMBER, 2020
- Total Jobs 11 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam