NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Responsible for development and execution of the NBC Brand strategy and the creative elements utilized in the creation of all corporate materials.
Leadership of brand equity and strategy including setting of the brand vision /architecture, innovation and communications plans and innovation toolkits. Management of the brand development budget
Lead in Development of Brand guidelines for all mediums of execution and the creation and production of innovative and impactful concepts for use in all selective advertising platforms. To work with senior leadership to evaluate the competitive environment and define the NBC brand position and develop long term plan to drive awareness and consideration among NBC key audience that will be the integral element of NBC’s organization’s focus on driving business competitiveness and market share.
Assess, review proposals and advise on marketing sponsorships that aligns with overall marketing strategy.
Managing Affiliate partnerships through evaluation of business proposals from potential strategic alliance partners for alignment and business fit and propose to MCR Heads and other Business Units for decision making
To support the planning and delivery of activities across the full range of marketing disciplines including events as directed and prioritised by the Head of Marketing
To plan and manage all events ranging from product launches to state related ceremonies whilst ensuring maximal stakeholders’ interaction and engagement.
Plan and supervise all brand activations in line with product marketing strategy in the realm to drive brand engagement, product usage and overall uptake.
Implementation of Brand Strategy Plans
- Taking brand ownership and management of the NBC Brand, formulating the brand strategy and analyzing how our brand is positioned in the market and crystalize targeted consumers insights
- Translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies. Develop weekly/monthly/annual brand marketing strategies and monitors the performance of those strategies in order to make necessary updates and improvements. This includes messaging strategies for business and product segments
- Drive Brand Advocacy through championing the brand internally and externally. Drive ownership of Brand research initiatives that measure selective Brand performance KPI’s (Brand attributes and drivers) in the organization ensuring we have the necessary activities to drive these Brand KPIs
- rive and develop content that is on message, on brand, accurate and tailored appropriately to the business needs, the target audiences and channels to be used.
- Manage the activation of relevant country sponsorships to enhance brand visibility and drive brand through communications channels
- Support to manage the efficient deployment of financial and human resources with emphasis on maximizing Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)
- Develop event tone and guideline in line with existing brand guidelines
- Liaise with business colleagues to develop event requirements
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event
- Liaise with Communication team to publicize and promote the event
- Manage all pre-event planning through actionable checklist
- Coordinate suppliers, handle queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and in budget
- Supervise and manage a team of staff, giving full briefings
- Make sure that insurance, legal permits, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently
- Produce post-event evaluation report to inform future events
- Manage storage and custody of events owned props and materials
- Research on ways to improve events and activation experience through innovation and use of technology
- Formulate research parameters to identify industry and market trends for development of sponsorship strategies.
- Develop sponsorship strategies with insights from market research, portfolio gap analysis and overall strategies.
- Manages all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, trade shows development and representing the company at industry functions.
- Enforce sponsorship governance process including Anti-Corruption and Bribery screening mechanism.
- Provide strategic advice and counsel to the business on potential sponsorships and how to go about them.
- Ensure an integrated, strategic approach to business sponsorship in order to meet the needs and expectations of stakeholders while maintaining the reputation of the bank.
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors and sponsored partners, and supporters.
- Propose sponsorship performance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Recommend improvements for future sponsorship to achieve better outcomes for sponsors.
- Craft official responses to sponsors’ dissatisfaction with sponsorship agreements and declined sponsorship applications.
Management of Operational Risks –
- Support in the management of allocated budgets (functional & project budgets) by monitoring the payment of suppliers and review of budget spend reports and trackers to avoid overspend.
- Monitor all compliance training undertaken by team members and ensure that they complete the required training within prescribed timelines.
- Procure and manage suppliers within sourcing policy framework and manage the enforcement of SLAs.
- Support Head of Marketing in the implementation of policies and procedures and ensure its strictly followed whilst recommending its refinement as an when necessary
- Support in the development of a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources
- Coach and mentor team members daily on how to improve their own productivity and use of the bank’s processes and systems.
Role / Person Specification
- Deciding and initiating action
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Planning and organizing
- Adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Presenting and communicating information
- Leading and supervising
- Proven success in collaboration to motivate key influencers/brand advocation
- Business / Financial skills and Budget management
- Coaching & mentoring
- Strong creative skills
- Knowledge of brand research and performance evaluation
- Knowledge of Business and strategy formulation
- Writing and Reporting
- Persuading and Influencing
- Analytical Thinking and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research to identify insights
- Emotional Intelligence
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
Preferred / Advantage
- Brand Management or Marketing or Communications or equivalent Business Management qualification
- University Degree in Marketing Management/ Communication Studies or any related field
Preferred / Advantage
- Minimum of 5 years agency/client experience of Brand management from formulation, creation, strategy to production
- Brand Strategy Management
- Media management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with marketing agencies
- Minimum of 3 years People Management experience
- Exposure and understanding of Financial Services industry
- Proven track record in Brand management and communication with length and scope of experience being an advantage
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Marketing, Creative and innovative thinking (Meets all of the requirements), Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior management level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Marketing Management (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)