BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions. BMF’s Vision and Mission can be achieved through empowered workforce, which is selfmotivated, committed to growth and integrity, and the one who pursues excellence in execution. BMF seeks for innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies: –
Position (1): Manager Business Development and Social Enterprise
Reports To: Director of Programs and Business Development
Department: Programs and Business Development
Duty Station: BMF Headquarters – Dar es Salaam
Contract Type: Part-Time
Overall purpose of the Job
Responsible for overall development, execution, and facilitate new business development and social enterprise ventures through actively prospecting for clients, resource mobilization, implementation of demand driven programs/enterprises, and maintaining sound relationships with stakeholders (government, funding agencies and donors) in accordance with the BMF strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in implementing sustainable business development strategies, strategic business development planning, and management of funding opportunities.
- Proactively search and establish business development opportunities, approaches and leading in prebid intelligence gathering efforts.
- Perform continuous research to identify new opportunities and under the leadership of DPBD establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Continuously assess and update BMF business development strategies for sustained partner.
- Develop partnerships and maintain relationships with Donors both Multilateral and Bilateral and other stakeholders, including the private sector.
- Support donor engagement, donor relations and donor related processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with other likeminded organizations and stakeholders within the area of BMF mandate to build partnerships and enhance funding opportunities.
- Tracking for pipeline solicited proposals and manage continuous engagement with the financiers/partners for unsolicited proposals/fund applications.
- Facilitate proposal development initiatives from planning, writing to submission with a good grasp of different requirements and needs of the opportunity at hand.
- Establish and ensure adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop a submission that is technically sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality.
- Gather, collate, and synthesize data and information from Mkapa Foundation Program stakeholders to create effective databases for strategic partnerships and alignments.
- Contribute to partnering decisions and negotiations.
Continuously liaise, engage with program, strategic information, and communication team to establish, and enhance development and use of strategic and packaged information to support business development initiatives.
- Willing to perform additional related tasks beyond the given job descriptions as they raise from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Social Science, International Studies, Public Administration, or another relevant field.
- At least 7 years of experience of the same job role in an NGO or donor organization.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter one zipped or single file addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via email: [email protected]
The deadline for application is on 4th January 2023 at 5.00pm
BMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. BMF is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible. In the event of any abuse, you may report by submitting your views/complaints via http://whistleblow.mkapafoundation.or.tz