The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, multi-sector regulatory authority responsible for technical and economic regulation of the Electricity, Petroleum, Natural gas; and Water sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
INTERNAL AUDIT DIVISION
Post Title: Manager – Internal Audit
Duty Station EWURA Head Office-Dodoma
Reports to Director of Internal Audit
Manager, Internal Audit will be responsible for ensuring that periodic internal audits on financial and operational matters are carried out to enhance effectiveness in internal control system, risk management and good governance processes of the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To lead in carrying out periodic internal audits on financial and operational matters as per the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- To follow up on the progress of implementation of recommendation and directions of the Board of Directors on regulatory matters.
- To coordinate evaluation of internal controls and risk management systems and procedures and recommend actions for improvement.
- To coordinate review of audit procedures and working papers.
- To follow up replies in internal and external audit queries and verify implementation of audit recommendations.
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the position.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and other staff in the Division.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree/ Advanced Diploma majoring in Accounting or finance from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Master’s degree majoring in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA and must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of either Associate Certified Public Accountants (ACPAs) or Associate Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice (ACPA-PPs) or Fellow Certified Public Accountants (FCPAs).
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Not less than Seven (7) years’ work experience in relevant fields, three (3) of which should be in senior position.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th December 2018.
- Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
- Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
- Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road
P.0 Box 2857, Dodoma, Tanzania.