Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) Is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient, customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania In order to reach its goals, the Company is Investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now Invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under mentioned post in the Finance Business Unit at Head Office, Dar es Salaam.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
- Must possess excellent business knowledge and leadership skills.
- Must be Self motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be creative, innovatrve and team working at all time.
- Posspss excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity.
POSITION: MANAGER INVENTORY Br TRANSPORT (1 POST) REPORTS TO: SENIOR MANAGER – GENERAL ACCOUNTS REPORTING OFFICE: HEAD OFFICE- DAR ES SALAAM
Manage planning and coordination of inventory and transport services to meet the company’s business requirements.
■ Plan and determine/ calculate Economical Ordering Quantities of various materials to ensure that there are no stock out or overstocking
- Plan and monitor stock taking exercise to ensure that it is done according to statutory requirements, preset target and the stock taking results are submitted by 31 st July every year for incorporation in the annual financial statements.
- Monitor and supervise audit exercise conducted by external auditors to ensure that all documents and information requested by the auditors are furnished and the audit work is performed smoothly and completed within targeted time
- Ensure annual company motor vehkles/cycles requirement and specifications are rimely prepared in compliance with company transport policy and included in the budget and company annual procurement plan
- Manage the company fleet ol vehicles effectively and in compliance with company transport policy to ensure that company’s motor vehicles are optimally utilized and their repair and maintenance are done efficiently and effectively
- Monitor operation of cat tracking system as well as Transport Information Management System (TIMS) to ensure that there Is control of repair and maintenance, there h no misuse of motor vehicles, fuel and report any discrepancy for immediate proper action
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma In Materials Management Procurement AI ogistics, Inventory Control Management or Procurement & Supply
- Postgraduate qualifications In the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Iransport and Logistics Management is an added advantage
- Registered by PSPTB
- five(S)yeais’of relevant working experience.
Competitive remuneration package shall be offered commensurate with skills and experience HOW TO APPLY:
All interested candidates shuuld send a detailed written application attached with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) attached with all relevant certificates including three (3) referees Application close date 20th May, 2018 and all applications should be addressed to:
SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES,
PO BOX 9024,
DAR ES SALAAM.
All Applicants, who will not be Invited for an inter view, should consider themselves unsuccessful
Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions hy applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification.
▪ NEVER PAY TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED. ANY CALL REQUESTING PAYMENT FOR ANY REASON IS A SCAM. IF YOU ARE REQUESTED TO MAKE PAYMENT FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CONTACT OUR COMMUNICATION OFFICE THROUGH 022-2451130/38, [email protected] OR [email protected].
Source: Daily News May 11, 2018