Job Description & Summary
A career in our Portfolio Management practice, within Project Portfolio Management services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations balance long term strategies and short term imperatives to optimise their investments and strategic activity required to achieve the organisation’s business objectives. We help enhance organisations project and programme performance by identifying alternative project approaches, consistently aligning projects with corporate strategy, setting the tone and pace of programmes from the outset, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from agile programme delivery.
As part of our team, you’ll help our clients optimise their project selection decisions and other strategic activity to drive business performance through centralised management of all processes, methods, technologies and human capital resources related to specific client portfolios.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Portfolio and Programme Management practice works with Governments, Development Partners, Non-Governmental Organizations and Foundations to address common development challenges and attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Undertake business development activities and contribute to the implementation of the department’s strategy.
- Contribute to thought leadership and innovation initiatives.
- Take the lead in managing the delivery of assignments to our clients.
- Managing staff and project teams while developing and mentoring staff.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- First Degree in relevant field (with business/accounting/ finance orientation) and certification in any of the following specialties; Accounting, Project management, M&E, Data Analytics
- At least 5 years’ previous experience and exposure in the public sector either in government, development partners, projects, NGOs or in a professional services firm in;
- Financial Management
- Programme and Project Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Technical Assistance
- External and internal audit systems
- Finance Function Transformation
Competencies and Skills:
- To be successful in this role you must have;
- Ability to work in diverse multi-cultural environments and must be a team player.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience in leading projects and diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong academic background backed by relevant full professional qualifications.
- To excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application closes on 21 February 2020.
Please note that once you apply for this position you are not eligible to apply for the Senior Associate – Portfolio and Programme Management (Public Sector) position as multiple application will be disqualified.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor DegreeDegrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date February 21, 2020