Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWSA) is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of wastewater in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro. MUWSA is looking for dynamic, results driven individual to fill in the position of Managing Director.
Purpose of the Job
The position holder is required to run the Authority in the highest professional standards and practices so as attain the envisaged vision “To be the best provider of water and sanitation services in Tanzania” alongside mission and cooperate strategic objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
- The Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer responsible for managing, planning, and coordination of Authority’s activities.
- Ensuring effective overall management and supervision of Authority’s activities.
- To ensure the formulation of policy proposals in relations to physical infrastructure, financial, human resources and general administration for consideration by Board of Directors.
- Official focal point for interpretation of all policies laid down by the Board of Directors and to ensure availability of respective rules and regulations thereof.
- Prepare annual budgets for the Authority and make submission to the Board of Directors for approval.
- To regularly review actual performance against plans and budgets and submit a comprehensive report to the Board of Directors.
- To supervise the immediate subordinates and delegate the required authority for them to discharge their duties.
- To make recommendation to the Board of Directors regarding staff manning levels required by the Authority and ensuring that effective procedures are established for recruitment, training, and development of staff across the Authority.
- To ensure that the Authority’s operations are in accordance with the law.
- To link the Authority with the Ministry responsible for water and sanitation affairs.
- To link the Authority with the Regional/Municipal Council.
- To ensure that the Authority’s operations meet the environmental standards.
- To ensure that the Authority prepares and carries out an effective programme for public relations, water conservation, water protection and pricing policies.
- To ensure that tariff reviews are done in accordance with EWURA’s guidelines.
- Acts as the final authority for management decisions within the Authority, safeguards the Authority’s financial position and ensure that it discharges its financial obligations to according to financial act and manual.
- To ensure all Authority’s transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with the agree procedures and that proper system of internal controls are maintained.
- Prepares and submit to the Board of Directors the Annual Financial Statements.
- To carry out the functions of the Authority with due diligence.
- To perform and other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and Parent Ministry.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Holder of a degree or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Minimum of five (5) years working experience in managerial position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to absorb managerial pressure
- Excellent ability to handle diverse human resources
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and produce the require deliverables
- Possession of high level of initiative, integrity enthusiasm, accountability and creativity.
- The applicant should be within 35 – 52 years of age
Terms of Employment
- 4 years contract renewable depending performance
- This position attracts a competitive salary and other packages including housing and transport.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts (emails and day time working telephone), applicants’ recent passport size and certified copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees, to reach the undersigned by 27th March, 2020, to be addressed to;-
The Chairperson of Board of Directors, Moshi Urban Water Supply and
Sanitation Authority (MUWSA), c/o Regional Administrative Secretary, P. O. Box 3070, Moshi.
“To be the best water and sanitation utility in Tanzania
Junction of Mawenzi/ Bath Road
P. O. Box 1001, Moshi, Tanzania
Tel: +255- 27-2751164
E-Mail: [email protected],
- Total Jobs 1 Jobs
- Location Kilimanjaro