Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing has changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to build the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Pilsner Lager, Serengeti Lite, Kibo Gold and Guiness. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of Role
The Decision support Manager – Manufacturing role is part of the SBL Supply Finance Team charged with the ownership and oversight of budgeting and providing analysis and Insights to help drive decision to support the business in having a competitive cost of production, this is through.
- Supporting effective budgeting and budget control environment.
- Providing insightful variance analysis/commentary to key business partners.
- Partner with Site Finance Teams to understand current and future spend requirements and ensure delivery of operational efficiencies and cost initiatives underpinning financial forecasts to ensure spend is within Budget.
- Support all planning activities for Supply Chain, delivering Budget, Long range plans, re-forecasts and monthly rolling forecasts.
- Lead reviews of monthly performance and providing guidance and insight to drive decision making through the BPM process.
- Understand and challenge KPIs to be able to articulate key movements in spend and to drive cost efficiencies include process end to end understanding
- Ensure proper costing of products and monitor variances to standard prices both locally and imported products.
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of all group
- Responsible for COGs value chain analysis end to end.
- Ensure quality data in SAP, COGS Insights, and other ERPs used for reporting
- Follow up with shared services center to ensure accurate reporting and delivery of agreed KPIs
- Manage the fixed asset ledger through continuous tracking, reporting and reconciliation as well as annual verification of fixed assets.
- Perform CARM controls to ensure successful audits and correct statutory reporting in this regard.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5 years proven experience working in Supply Chain, Finance functions
- Degree level (B. Com/BBA (Accounting option) with strong academic record
- Qualified Accountant (CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Highly numerate / strong analytical skills / comfortable with detail but able to interpret detail for senior stakeholders
- Strong systems skills (SAP in particular)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel