Scania Tanzania Ltd. was established in 1973 as a captive distributor in Tanzania. We currently employ 70 staff within our Tanzania operation between our head office and central workshop, our 3 regional workshops and 5 parts outlets. We now experience very dynamic growth of sales of products and services. To strengthen the growth of workshop team competence it requires the support of experienced Master Technician / Coach.
The role will involve acting as Master Technician and Coach (additionally the roles of Foreman, Quality Controller, Trainer are desired) to assist current staff development regarding Scania technical knowledge, troubleshooting procedures AND workshop processes. This position will give you a rare opportunity to develop your technical skills, but also take a mentoring and leadership role, in one of the most exiting markets at Scania.
Main location is Dar Es Salaam. Some traveling between Tanzanian cities can be required.
- Assist daily planning of workshop production to maintain high productivity
- Train and support development of technical and administrative staff by sharing technical and process knowledge during On the Job training
- Focus on service process flow improvements by identifying deviations as main source of improvements, to achieve high efficiency
- Identifying bottle necks and waste in process and take action to ensure the cost effectiveness of the performed jobs to optimize the workshop flow and related processes,
- Generating a team based and cooperative atmosphere based on Scania Core Values and Scania Leadership Principles in daily activities
- Sharing knowledge about workshop basic KPIs
- Ensuring proper understanding of stamping usage by technicians
- Advisory role for Workshop management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience as a Master Technician
- An understanding of the FRAS reporting system.
- Excellent user of Scania support tools (SDP3, MULTI, Operation Analysis, Remote Diagnostics, BICT)
- Excellent knowledge of Scania workshop standards and methods (Workshop manual, TI, TMI, campaigns)
- Good knowledge about Scania service process
- Basic knowledge of Scania Bodybuilder Manual content
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- High school education
- Heavy Vehicle driving licence preferable
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to effectively work and complete group assignments in both formal and informal settings. Works cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals, valuing others contributions.
- Dedicated to understanding and meeting expectations and requirements of external and internal customers. Displays strong understanding of values, giving focused advice to develop a relationship.
- Handling unexpected situations, acting on one´s own initiative to identify the situation, fully understand, deal with it and implement appropriate solution, calling on other references and resources when necessary.
- Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- Exploring opportunities and taking action, striving to doing more than is required or expected. Preferring to take own initiative rather than waiting passively
Do you feel that you want to develop yourself and continue helping the organization to develop the operations in Tanzania?
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for further information
Marek Rucinski, Services Director, [email protected], +255 685 722 007
Doris Masengo, HR Manager, [email protected], +255 784 722 613,
Lars Eklund, Managing Director, [email protected], +255 784 722 610
Please note! Do not submit your application via the “apply” button, send your application via e-mail as stated below.
Please send in your CV and your cover letter to [email protected] As soon as possible
About the job
- Title: Master Technician / Coach
- Business area: Market/Sales
- City: Dar es Salaam
- Last application date: 2018-12-01