TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi – Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Work, Communication and Transport established on July 1st 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional roads Network. Its primary functions include the Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operation of the Network and Axle Load Control. The Implementation of Road Safety and Environment Measures, Provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Kaliua – Malagarasi – llunde Road (156 KM) to Bitumen Standard LOT 2: Kazilambwa – Chagu Section (36KM). The contract period is 24 months and Defect Liability period of 12 months.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Tabora, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts specific duties short-term contract within the Region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable length of time in Kaliua and Tabora Districts within the project area if situation warrants.
POSITION TITLE: MATERIAL ENGINEER (1 POST)
- Must be a holder of Bachelor Degree in Civil or Material Engineering from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/College;
- Must be registered with ERB as a Professional Engineer;
- A postgraduate qualification in Pavement or Material Engineering and experience in contract administration under FIDIC/PPRA Condition of contract is an added advantage;
- Computer literate;
- At least 10 years of General experience in Pavement/Material related to road design and construction;
- Served in similar capacity on at least two (2) projects of roads construction of similar magnitude in the past ten (10) years;
- He/She must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub – Sahara Countries;
- Shall Head the Material Laboratory and shall be responsible for all technical and administrative aspects on site;
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Fluent in English in mandatory;
- Age Limit: 35 years and above;
TANROADS Salary Scale 7.1
Mode of Application:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the undermentioned address not later than 18th March, 2020 with their complete CV’s and certified copies of all ACADEMIC CERTIFICATE, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NAMES OF THREE REFEREES inclusive of former employer if any, APPLICANTS CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER; EMAIL ADDRESS AND POSTAL ADDRESS. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and overqualified applicants will not be considered.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and discipline shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application letters should be handwritten in English Language.
Deadline for submission is Monday, 18th March, 2020 at 16:30 hrs.
We emphasise that:
- Hand delivered is not allowed;
- Women are highly encouraged to apply;
- Any electronic submission shall not be considered;
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
P. O. Box 2,