TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi – Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Work, Communication and Transport established on July 1st 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional roads Network. Its primary functions include the Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operation of the Network and Axle Load Control. The Implementation of Road Safety and Environment Measures, Provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Kaliua – Malagarasi – llunde Road (156 KM) to Bitumen Standard LOT 2: Kazilambwa – Chagu Section (36KM). The contract period is 24 months and Defect Liability period of 12 months.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Tabora, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts specific duties short-term contract within the Region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable length of time in Kaliua and Tabora Districts within the project area if situation warrants.
POSITION TITLE: MATERIAL TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
- Must have a full Technician Certificate or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Learning Institution/College;
- Computer literate;
- At least three (3) years cumulative experience related to road/bridge design and construction;
- Served as a Pavement/Material Technician or an equivalent capacity on at least three (3) years in road construction project of similar magnitude and complexity;
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in spoken and written is mandatory;
- Must be a Tanzania Citizen;
- Age Limit: 25 years and above
- TANROADS Salary Scale 6.1
Mode of Application:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the undermentioned address not later than 18th March, 2020 with their complete CV’s and certified copies of all ACADEMIC CERTIFICATE, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, NAMES OF THREE REFEREES inclusive of former employer if any, APPLICANTS CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER; EMAIL ADDRESS AND POSTAL ADDRESS. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and overqualified applicants will not be considered.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and discipline shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application letters should be handwritten in English Language.
Deadline for submission is Monday, 18th March, 2020 at 16:30 hrs.
We emphasise that:
- Hand delivered is not allowed;
- Women are highly encouraged to apply;
- Any electronic submission shall not be considered;
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
P. O. Box 2,
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!