MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR HEALTH (MDH)
Provision of Consultancy Services for the Final Evaluation of MDH HIS Project
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit Tanzanian public health organization that focuses primarily on public health service, education and research in the United Republic of Tanzania.
From 2015 MDH with funding from The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has implemented the Health Information System (HIS) Development and Systems Integration Support Project.
The project aimed to strengthen the health information system in order to support the use of patient information for providing quality HIV and other health services. Furthermore, the project aimed at improving retention, improving linkages along the continuum of care, improving the use of available resources, and improving evidence-based decision making across all levels of health care in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is seeking an experienced and qualified organization to perform the project final evaluation.
Scope of the Assignment
Prepare and submit a technical proposal to MDH on how the assignment will be undertaken through working on but not limited to the following:
- Create a checklist of the requirements for final evaluation; continuous reports, best practices and compile in one document and dataset.
- Conduct consultative meetings with MDH HIS staff to collect information, review the baseline indicators and data on various systems/components and compare what is existing in our systems, identify data gaps and needs to collect more evaluation data then work on list and tools required to collect additional data to ensure all data necessary for quality and sound final evaluation will be available and clean.
- Develop evaluation protocol and facilitate submission for review and approval by ethical boards both in Tanzania Mainland (NIMR) and Zanzibar (ZAMREC)
- Conduct detailed review of various Health Information systems in Tanzania, including, client level systems for various programs: HIV, RCH,TB, HIV-Laboratory, HIV supply chain, and other electronic medical records systems, National level systems (DHIS2, HFR, mHealth, NHCR) and any other area that will be suggested in addition to these that might provide valuable information.
- Conduct detailed review and interview various stake holders including MOHCDGEC, PORALG, Funders (CDC, USAID, DOD), National HIS Partners, Regional IPs, Sub grantees (UCC, UDSM) etc. involved in the implementation process
- Review all best practices, ensure that they are all properly documented as per acceptable standards and review data appropriateness for inclusion in the final evaluation.
- Review available data sources such as program report, supervision reports, SIMS reports to facilitate establishment of project outputs and outcomes.
- Undertake a random sampling process for facilities (management, data clerks and health care providers), R/CHMTs and Regional IPs who are beneficiaries of the supported systems under this HIS project.
- Sample and visit facilities using these systems (CTC-2, CTC-3, HFR, NHCR, Biometrics). Conduct focus group discussions, key informant interviews and checklist guided observation to document processes and the infrastructure for best practices and challenges /limitations and how they are addressed at site level.
- Review and document the impact of these systems with respect to defined project goals
- Perform data Analysis of data and presentation of findings
- Evaluation plan and tools approved by the appropriate ethical review boards
- Progress reports
- Final Evaluation report
- At least 5 case stories and best practices (high impact stories)
- Visual presentations (video clips, photographs and graphs) should be included in the report to depict trends and performance.
- Policy briefs, flies, brochures to facilitate dissemination of evaluation findings
MDH expects to finalize selection of the consultant by end of June 2020 and the consultant have to start work by July 1st 2020. It is imperative that applicants have internal resources and capacity to undertake this work and accomplish by September 27,2020
The Evaluation Criteria and Award shall be based, at a minimum, on the following;
- Understanding the terms of reference
- Overall quality of the proposal, quality of the work and methodology.
- Qualification of experts and experience in the field of the proposed assignment
- List of local experts.
How to apply
Interested and qualified organization/consultants are invited to submit technical proposal (maximum 10 pages, 12-point Times New roman font) on how they will undertake the evaluation. The proposal should specify capacity of lead consultant (CV, Experience) and at least 3 other consultants readily available to rapidly undertake the assignment.
Also include the financial proposal ,in a separate attachment, describing clearly the budget in relation to each proposed activity. Appendices will not count towards the page limit.
All proposals should be sent through e mail to the address below before 5pm June 10, 2020. Hand delivered proposals will NOT be accepted.
Chief Executive Officer
Management and Development for Health
Mwai Kibaki Rd Plot 802, Mikocheni B
P. O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.