Job Summary: Responsible planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Workshop Section, controlling the quality of repairs, annual PMS, implementation of HSEQ standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a group of at least 15 mechanics and helpers within Effco Solutions (T) Ltd workshop and other sites.
- Performs trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and equipment.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and delegate specific tasks to concerned section/mechanic.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities, especially technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment.
- Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers.
- Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task.
- Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop.
- Evaluate the training requirements of his subordinates and discuss/agree training needs with the HRM.
- Attend the Weekly Management Meeting.
- Responsible for the implementation of 5S and other HSEQ standard within the workshop area.
- Deputise for the Fabrication and Painting Supervisor whilst they are on Field Break.
- Test and approve operators for truck, excavator, loaders, cranes, grader, backhoe, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and conditioning of Generators.
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles/trucks prior to release.
- Responsible for the pre-preparation activities of the crane technical inspection.
- Assists with the Interviewing and conducts hands-on testing of technical applicants.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of all direct subordinates.
- Signs and approves employee Service sheets.
- Support and full comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Conduct any other task given to him by his HOD.
- Prepare weekly, Monthly quarterly and annual Maintenance budget.
Relationship: The post holder will be accountable to the Technical Manager and will have relationships with all workshop personnel, Site Supervisors, Purchasing, Project, Maintenance, and other colleagues at work.
Work Experience: The applicant is to have a minimum of 5 year’s experience leading a multicultural workshop team, preferably operating in the Mining.
Education: Professional technical qualifications in the vehicle and equipment domain.
Licenses/Certificates: Licensed Mechanic or equivalent, with a full range of licenses to operate equipment.
• Well-honed leadership and management skills; with an ability to motivate others.
• Hands on ‘real-world’ mechanical experience and knowledge.
• Highly computer literate
• Excellent grasp of the English language: verbal and written.
• Sound judgment informed by extensive practical knowledge and experience.
• Innovative, inventive and analytical, able to pre-empt and resolve problems with ease.
• Agile, responsive and good under pressure.
• Able to handle conflict and resolve differences of opinion.
• Heightened cultural awareness – able to relate and build relationships with all.
• Background in 5S and HSEQ.
• Experience in mining environment is essential.
• Physically robust, able to operate in Mining environment.
• Open minded to change, new ways of thinking and constructive criticism.
• Inclusive by nature, able to build rapport and command respect.
• A team orientated individual who is consistent in nature, with a good sense of humour.
• A solution focused individual who has the ability to get the job done regardless of impediment
Effco Solutions (T) LTD
Mbezi Beach Industrial Area
Plot 108, Bagamoyo Road,
Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Note: Send application via email.