St. Francis Hospital belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Ifakara and has fulfilled so far – according to a contract with the government – the assignment of a Designated District Hospital. It was responsible for the medical care of Kilombero and Ulanga Districts, in other words, for about 600.000 people living in an area approximately as large as Switzerland.
On 28/06/2010 the Minister of Health, Prof. David Mwakyusa, appointed St. Francis Hospital as Referral Hospital. Now it is one of 9 Referral Hospitals in Tanzania. That means that all hospitals in the surrounding districts which are not equipped with the necessary personnel and gadgets and can therefore not treat certain patients properly transfer them to Ifakara. Its area of responsibility has been extended this way, and the responsible staff are faced with great new challenges.
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL OFFICER (2 Positions)
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES
LIAISE WITH: Other medical and nursing staff
• Care of patients–giving correct diagnoses, recommending treatment and ensuring its implementation
• Advice clinical colleagues outside the department in own area of expertise
• Ensure that records are accurate and up-to-date for the patients treated
• Attend night report meeting and offer advice and recommendations
• Provide medical consultation to other departments
• To give instruction to medical students and other hospital staff
• Supervise intern doctors and discuss difficult cases with them
• Contribute to the updating Sops and Guidelines
• Notify director of nursing and the Nurse in charge of any recurring issues with the Performance individual nurses
• Notify head of department of medical doctors under performing
• Take part in regular departmental meetings, and others such as hospital clinical Meetings, mortality audit meetings and seminars
• Develop own knowledge and expertise, and share learning with other staff
• Any other ad-hoc requests from the Head of departmen
• Achieve performance measures of an acceptable level for routine practice in the specialism
• Good patient feedback and absence of complaints
• Improvement of practice via the production, use and updating of SOPs and Guidelines
• Successful teaching sessions resulting in the acquisition of skills and knowledge by SFRH staff
• Quality of contribution to improvements in teamwork and communication
The following documents should be attached with the application
• Covering letter
• All the post will be filled upon contract basis, candidates already serving should apply
Through proper channel with NOC from their parent organization
• The decision of selection/recruitment committee will be final.
• Shortlisted candidates will be called for the test or interview.
• Salary package is negotiable with the approval of competent forum on the basis of
Higher qualification/ related experience and suitability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of Certificates, names and contact information (email address and telephone numbers) of two referees By 9th August, 2018 to
The Director General-SFRH
Or e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the SFRH, Ifakara. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.