Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Tanzania is a non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to supporting the provision of high-quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV – exposed and infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania. Baylor Tanzania is affiliated with Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Network which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by the United State Agency for International Development (USAID), working to support the Government of Tanzania through Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and President’s Office-Regional Administration Local Government to improve provision of services for children and adolescent infected and living with HIV in the Lake and Southern Highland Zones
:Position: Medical Officer Volunteer
The position holder will have responsibility for providing medical assessment, evaluation and care to patients at the Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation —Tanzania Center of Excellence (COE) in Mwanza and Mbeya and at outreach facilities. This care includes the diagnosis and assessment of HIV-exposed and HIV-infected children and adults and the development of individualized care and treatment plans including the initiation and follow-up of children on antiretroviral (ARV) therapy
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to patients at the Baylor-Tanzania COEs and provide support to outreach facilities supported by Baylor Tanzania Provide education and mentor medical trainees regarding pediatric and general HIV/AIDS care
- Provide technical assistance to health care providers in pediatric and general HIV/AIDS prevention, diagnosis, care, treatment and complications both within the COE as well as in outside facilities
- Provide complete and accurate documentation of medical information including history, physical examinations, laboratory findings, assessments and plans using paper charts and/or electronic medical records (EMR)
- Actively participate in CME activities and other meetings in all clinical and educational settings
- Undertake additional training as directed by the organization
- Develop and implement activities at COE and outreach facilities to enhance health of children infected with or affected by HIV
- Other specific tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications / Skills
- Holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from an accredited institution
- Registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a Medical Doctor and having completed internship.
- Proficiency in general pediatric and adult medical care
- Familiarity with general HIV care and treatment
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet computer programs
How to apply:
If you are qualified and wish to join Baylor – Tanzania, apply in confidence by applying letter, a detailed CV, relevant copies of your certificates, and the names and contact information for three referees.
Application should reach Baylor – Tanzania not later than April 2nd, 2020.
Only candidates from Mbeya are encouraged to apply for the Mbeya position and candidates from Mwanza for the Mwanza position. The position (Medical Officer Volunteer) will be for a period of 6 months only.
The Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s
Foundation – Tanzania
P.O. Box 2663, Mbeya for Mbeya position
P.O Box 5208 For Mwanza position
Or send to email: