The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
MEDICAL RECORDS SUPERVISOR – (1 POSITION)
- To ensure prompt delivery of files by monitoring and processing of walk- in request of medical record files from patient care areas through the system
- Monitor mounting/Dropping of loose sheets in respective medical record files as per department’s procedure.
- Monitoring daily shelving of medical records to ensure easy retrieval for patient care
- Monitoring affixing of barcode stickers on all files sent to patient care areas to reduce/eliminate patient identification errors.
- Measure quality against the specific quality indicator, to assess / monitor compliance with the same.
- Any other roles as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Diploma in Health Records Management/ Records Management from recognized College.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience and 1 of which should be in Supervisory roles
- Proficient at use of computer programs / software.
- Thorough knowledge of storage, transportation and maintenance of medical record files.
- Knowledge of the principles of medical records science.
Be familiar and experienced with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.