VACANCY: MEMBER OF BOARD
APPOINTMENT FOR DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE BOARD
MEMBERSHIP TO REPRESENT THE INTEREST OF THE PUBLIC
Pursuant to Section 26 (4) of the Capital Markets and Securities Act [Cap 79 of the Laws of Tanzania], the Capital Markets and Securities Authority hereby invites qualified candidates to fill the position of a Member of the Board of the DSE Plc to represent the interest of the public. The DSE Director representing the public will have the same rights, powers duties and obligations, liberties and privileges as any other member of the DSE Board and shall hold office for a period of three years.
As per section 26 (4) of Cap 79 of the Laws of Tanzania and the Capital Markets and Securities (Corporate Governance) Guidelines, 2002, CMSA shall consider the following minimum qualifications of a Member to the DSE Plc Board representing the interest of the public:
- Graduate of a recognized University,
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in securities markets, finance markets, economist, banker or lawyer,
- No involvement as a member of the Management or Board of Directors with any Regulated Persons (Listed Companies, Market Intermediaries, Commodity Exchange, Clearing Houses and Central Security Depository), and
- Willing to serve as a member to the Board
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send;
- An application letter and CV indicating clearly their current position, e-mail address, telephone contacts, three referees names and copies of relevant certificates and two current passport size photographs
- Declaration of interest to Regulated Persons (Listed Companies, Market Intermediaries, Commodity Exchange, Clearing Houses and Central Security Depository)
- Declaration of Potential and Actual Conflict of Interest to the Dar-es-Salaam Stock Exchange Plc.
All applications should be sent to the address below so as to reach the Authority by 12th February, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Capital Markets and Securities Authority
PPF Tower, 6th Floor
Ohio Street/Garden Avenue
P. O. Box 75713
DAR ES SALAAM.