The Fair Competition Commission is an independent Government Body established under the Fair Competition Act, 2003 (No. 8 of 2003) to promote and protect effective competition in trade and commerce and to protect consumer from unfair and misleading market conduct. The ultimate goal of the Act is to increase efficiency in the production, distribution and supply of goods and services.
The Fair Competition Commission (FCC) invites Public Servants to submit their applications to fill the post identified below: –
MERGER ANALYST II – Ref. FCC/MA II/03/2020 – 2 POSTS
Reports to: Head of Mergers and Acquisitions
Qualifications for the Post:
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Law, Finance or related fields from any recognized university;
- Possession of computer knowledge is an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and acting on merger and acquisition notifications;
- Receiving and acting on exemption applications;
- Conducting inquiries, research and analyses of the competitive effects of mergers and acquisitions in terms of FCA;
- Liaising with merging and other interested parties;
- Writing reports on mergers and acquisitions;
- Assisting in making presentations of investigations on mergers and acquisitions to the Commission;
- Ensuring that relevant guidelines are in place and adhered to;
- Conducting post-merger monitoring;
- Keeping abreast of global developments in terms of mergers and acquisitions to provide insights in terms of applications relevant to Tanzania;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Salary Scale – FCCGSS 6
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Application letter supported by curriculum vitae, academic certificates and testimonials should be submitted to the Fair Competition Commission through their current employers;
- Each application letter should quote the reference number of the post applied for;
- Candidates must be employed in the public service on permanent and pensionable terms.
- Deadline is 04 June, 2020.
NB: Applicants should take note that, according to the Fair Competition Act, No. 8 of 2003, the final selection will be based on competitive process. The shortlisted candidates will therefore be subjected to a series of formal interviews before the final selection is made. The selected Public Servants will have to follow all necessary TRANSFER processes according to laws Governing Public Service.
Applications should be directed to:
FAIR COMPETITION COMMISSION,
GEPF HOUSE, 2ND FLOOR, PLOT NO.37,
REGENT ESTATE, BAGAMOYO ROAD,
P O. BOX 7883,
This Advert is also available at FCC website www.competition.or.tz
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!