A Micro-finance Facilitator reporting to senior micro-finance officer
- Facilitate the creation of new and strengthening of existing horticulture producer groups, incl. facilitation of leadership of women & youth.
- To facilitate community sensitization, group identification, formation and verification in project
- In collaboration with local government, district council officials together with HELVETAS and ADP Mbozi conduct sensitization meetings to farmers as well as profile/Identify farmers existing groups and their farms
- To facilitate the training of Community Resource Person (CRPs) and Local Service Provider (LSP) to promote the formation of Self- sustaining savings and credit groups.Conduct regular internal audits and review and consolidate microfinance (VSLA/IMA ) data
- Manage all accounting transactions and Prepare budget forecasts
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Review financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with CODERT’s financial, procurement, policies, and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Accounts, and other social sciences relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of VSLA/IMA methodologies added advantage
- Experience with financing package
- Experience with digitized VLSA product
- Experience of using Data collection tools i.e. KOBO tool and MIS
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a senior level project implementation position in donor-funded project preferably European Union
- Experience with creating financial statements.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV including names and contact information and Academic Certificates with email addresses and telephone numbers of three work-related referees. Note: application lattes and CV should not exceed five pages.
Applications should be submitted to the CODERT Chief Program Coordinator, through email: [email protected]
The closing date for the submission of applications is 17th March 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for Interview