JOB ADVERT – MIS TECHNICIAN (01 VACANCY)
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a MIS Technician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Social and Environment Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- The electrical MIS will be expected to take an active role in all planning, schedule, and execution of electrical/ communications work in and around the underground operation. They also may be required to assist in other electrical projects around the process and paste plants.
- Review, monitoring and maintenance of all electrical/ communication records and service documentation to ensure compliance with industry standard.
- Ability to work closely with maintenance department to schedule and carry out planned maintenance.
- Strong understand of electrical/ communications consumables and monitoring levels to ensure maintenance of critical supply while confirming to project budgets.
- Effectively manage the execution of planned work orders to reflect the forecast maintenance planned schedule.
- Ensure all work planned or unplanned is followed up to make sure work carried out is of a high quality and standard.
- Assist in the reviewing and monitoring of expenditure from electrical
- Electrical Engineering / MIS Trade certificate
- High Voltage Switching Operator certificate.
- Automation experience.
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- Experience in all areas of electrical maintenance inclusive of 540v, 1000v, and 6.600v associated with mechanised mining.
- Experience in all areas of communications systems and software (fibre/leaky feeder)
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/communication maintenance methods, operations and procedures and proven experience providing a safe working environment for all electrical maintenance personnel.
- High level understanding of electrical/communication reticulation, planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, diagrams and drawings is essential in performance of this role.
Experience and competencies needed:
- Previous experience in electrical/communication maintenance roles in underground mining environment with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
- Total Jobs 348 Jobs
- Location Geita