The Eastern Arc Mountains Conservation Endowment Fund (EAMCEF) is a Trust Fund that was established as a mechanism to provide sustainable financing for biodiversity conservation in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania. The Eastern Arc Mountains Conservation Endowment Fund was originally conceived as a joint initiative of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, the Inaugural Board of Trustees, the World Bank and the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The Fund aims at providing long- term and reliable funding support to conservation activities related to the promotion of biological diversity, improvement of ecological functions and sustainable use of natural resources in the priority areas of the Eastern Arc Mountains. Major mountain blocks of the Eastern Arc spread over fifteen districts in five regions of Tanzania namely, Tanga (East and West Usambara and Nguu Mountains), Kilimanjaro (South and North Pare Mountains), Morogoro (Udzungwa, Ukaguru, Nguru, Rubeho, Malundwe, Mahenge and Uluguru Mountains), Iringa (Udzungwa Mountains) and Dodoma (Rubeho Mountains). Governed by a Board of Trustees, the Fund was officially registered in Tanzania in June 2001 under the Trustees’ Incorporation Act (Cap. 318 R.E 2002) and it operates as a not-forprofit Conservation Finance Trust. Its day-to-day operations are run by the Endowment Fund Secretariat (EFS). The Fund’s Executive Director is the Head of the Secretariat with the main administrative offices located in Morogoro Municipality.
The Endowment Fund Secretariat is committed to taking exceptional care of the environment of the Eastern Arc Mountains and all stakeholders impacting positively/negatively on its biological resources. This will be possible only if the now vacant positions will be filled by right candidates.
The following requirements will apply to all the posts now available in the Endowment Fund Secretariat
- Proven ability in writing and speaking both English and Kiswahili.
- The EAMCEF Head Office in Morogoro Municipality will be the duty station for each of the positions.
- All positions are available for both female and male Tanzanian applicants; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability in working with a variety of computer programmes especially Microsoft Office applications (MS-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, E-Mails, Internet, Database Management, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and for extended hours including working on week – ends and holidays as it may be required from time to time.
- Young, energetic, hardworking, versatile and self-motivated.
- Obedient, honest, trustful, fast learner, smart and socially active.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or under minimum supervision, effectively supervise and lead others.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
A contract of two years will be issued to the successful applicant upon satisfactory performance during the probationary period of the first three months. Depending on the ability to perform the assigned duties, the contract may be renewed at the end of the second year. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate commensurate with professional qualifications and working experience.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANT (MEA)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting and answerable to the Executive Director, the successful Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (MEA) will be the principal in-charge of all matters, aspects, activities and functions pertaining to programme monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in the Endowment Fund Secretariat (EFS). The principal duties and responsibilities of the selected Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (MEA) will include but be not limited to the following;
- Act as principal and immediate assistant to the Programme Officer – Planning and Communication (POPC) and appropriately assist, back – stop and gap – fill in his/ her functions as may be required from time to time.
- Assist and coordinate the development of a comprehensive overall monitoring and evaluation framework, toolkits including performance indicators, baselines, targets, milestones and benchmarks for each aspects of the EAMCEF.
- Assist to develop and implement a systematic approach to integrate programme defined inputs, indicators and results (Outputs, Outcomes and Impacts).
- Assist in the coordination of project evaluations and in capturing best practices emerging from the intervention strategies.
- Ensure that the M&E framework is robust and in-line with good practice and provides a strong and objective basis for performance measurement and management;
- Assist to compile and coordinate preparation of quarterly, semi-annually and annually programme performance reports;
- Assist and facilitate M&E capacity building within the programme beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Assist and facilitate the training of both BOT and EFS Members in Results Based Management (RBM) both in theory and on-the-job;
- Review and assist to build a robust results framework with all outcome level indicators linked to conservation and updated templates for the whole programme cycle of the EAMCEF;
- Assist in improving the quality of reporting especially for outcome and impact levels;
- Assist in building a modern digital information management system allowing realtime portfolio analysis and releasing human resources to technical monitoring.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation and associate their contributions into the achievement of the overall results.
- Assist in making sure that exercises and findings from the monitoring and evaluation positively inform the development of new intervention strategies.
- In collaboration with other programme and field staff, coordinate and capture good practices emerging from the programme activities.
- Assist to develop a comprehensive reporting framework with provisions for rigorous impact assessment;
- Prepare requisite periodical performance reports and produce analytical progress reports to guide the making of management decisions;
- Assist to put in place systems and mechanisms for collecting data to monitor the development of defined indicators under the comprehensive reporting framework.
- Assist to develop and implement a standardized Management Information System accessible to the Senior Management Team Members and other relevant parties.
- Assist and coordinate monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the programme performance;
- Assist to design and develop an M&E database for the programme that is integrated with the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework;
- Provide technical support and coordinate M&E activities across the entire programme cycle;
- Ensure monitoring and reporting requirements are understood by implementers and key stakeholders;
- Assist in timely planning, budgeting and progress reporting for all programme activities.
- Assist, provide back-up support and appropriately gap-fill in the functions of Field Project Officers as it may be required from time to time.
- Assist in setting up a Monitoring and Evaluation system and follow up closely its operationalization.
- Build capacity of field staff and partners to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, entry, compilation, processing and timely reporting at site level, district level and programme level.
- Contribute to development and implementation of the organization’s M&E framework including indicator mapping.
- Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for programme planning, management and evaluation.
- Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports from the grantees and field partners.
- Maintain proper records on implementation of the programme which will provide basis for decision making and feedback to stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation and operationalization of a computerized programme for field data collection, coding, processing, storage and dissemination/reporting.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director, immediate supervisor and other Senior Staff.
- Advanced Diploma or First Degree in either Project Planning and Management, Statistics, Planning and Management, Natural Resources Assessment, Economic Planning or Development Studies;
- Formal training in Results Based Management (RBM) and/or Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will be one of the necessary conditions for selection.
- At least 1-year solid experience in M&E with a reputable Organization/Programme/ Project;
- Ability to present information in logical and convincing manner;
- Computer literacy especially competence in MS Excel and Statistical packages and database management.
- Experience in strategic planning with good background of reporting and showing results with donors, sponsors, government entities and other key stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge, skills and experience in Results Based Management (RBM).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should lodge their applications to the undersigned not later than 05th November, 2018. Separate application letters with detailed CVs, copies of relevant academic and birth certificates, one recent passport size photograph and contact details of three referees for each of the posts should be made. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for one or more interviews within one month from the application deadline.
The Executive Director,
Eastern Arc Mountains Conservation Endowment Fund (EAMCEF)
Plot No. 348, Forest Hill Area, Kingalu Road P.O. Box 6053
Telephone: +255 (0) 23 2934274 | Cell phone: +255 755 330558 | Fax: +255 (0) 23 2934273