Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager (Ref: C3HP/MELM/12-21)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health
Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9,
2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the
Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, three highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as MEL Managers.
Work in collaboration with the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director to provide technical support in results-based planning and budgeting, program monitoring and evaluation. Ensure that the MEL system is cost effective, results-oriented and provides USAID and the program with the necessary information to assess the progress, effectiveness and outcome of activities.
- Lead and provide technical support in adaptation and implementation of programs monitoring, evaluation and learning framework including understanding and integrating set performance indicators.
- Oversee data quality assurance activities across all supported areas by identifying key challenges, proposing, and overseeing strategies to address them.
- Provide program summaries and work with field data teams to build capacity to provide summaries of the performance indicators each quarter.
- Work with MEL officers to develop and present quarterly, semi-annual and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
- Work in collaboration with PEPFAR and MoHCDGEC to provide needed technical assistance in strengthening the national HIV/TB M&E system.
- Coordinate reporting activities during reporting period.
- Facilitate utilization of reports at community, facility and district level for program planning, management and evaluation.
- Ensure ProDMIS is updated monthly and the availability and use of other data management systems (DHIS2, CTC2 Database and TrainSmart).
- Ensure proper documentation of success stories and support abstract preparation for program staff on a quarterly basis.
- Build the capacity of R/CHMTs, site manager and health workers to use program reports for decisions making more in annual financial planning and in quality improvement activities.
- Provide training to the strategic information team and partners on M&E tools, data analysis, data management and reporting to enable better collection, monitoring and use of data for the program.
- Support implementation of mHealth initiatives for the program (SMS Reminders, Unified Referral Case Management system and Viral Load Tracking System).
- Work within the budget and proactively drive cost effective interventions across the regions.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Economics, Sociology, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography, Health Informatics or related field
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience with data management, designing M&E systems and relevant working experience with two years at supervisor level
- Advanced skills in use of MS Office tools and applications and statistical analysis tools
- Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM), MER indicators and Tanzania HIV data management systems
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to C3HP@deloitte.co.tz. For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.