RTI International is the prime implementor of the USAID Jifunze Uelewe Program. The 4 year program will assist the Ministry of Education focusing on sustainably improving literacy and numeracy outcomes of “all learners” from pre-primary through Standard 4 in five regions of Tanzania. For the purpose of this program, “all learners” includes, but is not limited to, marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys, learners with disabilities, minority and linguistic minority groups, urban and rural learners, learners affected by crisis or conflict, and those living in poverty”.
MONITORING & EVALUATION LEARNING (MEL) OFFICER
Position Location: Dar es Salaam
The position is responsible for the management and implementation of the Jifunza Uelewe monitoring, Evaluation and learning systems and procedures including review of the program performance indicators, development of data collection tools, Management of continuous professional data base(CPD), data visualization and interpretation to increase data use for decision-making and communicate results of the programme. He/she will also support the data analysis for learning activities including trainings, assessments, evaluations and surveys as they arise.
- Together with MEL manager review of plans for routine M&E, learning, evaluation and research activities and support the development of data analysis plan.
- Maintain Jifunze Uelewe MEL system, including the development of performance indicators, data collection tools, milestones, baseline conditions and management of program data bases i.e CPD.
- Together with MEL Manager, support the continuous analysis of routine project data to track trends to inform project implementation.
- Together with MEL Manager, support the development of high quality data tabulations, visualization and presentations to facilitate data use for decision-making.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of Project implementation; contribute to other Project reports such as annual work plans;
- Participate in training of data collection and collect data as planned by program.
- Support in training and capacity building of various Government partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 6 years of experience in data collection and evaluation activities, particularly in school or community settings. Or Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze data using one or more statistical packages. knowledge of Statistical Packages (Excel, STATA, SPSS) and advanced statistics with strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Ability to maintain accurate/precise records, to perform detailed work and to handle large volume of work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to train others on the use of data collection tools.
- Knowledge in collecting data using mobile technology.
- Communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Support and respond to program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making.
- Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands.
- Pay attention to details and set priorities.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at [email protected] Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the [email protected] email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.