The Ministry of Finance and Planning(MoFP) of the United Republic of Tanzania has received financing from KfW Development Bank (“KfW”) in the form of a financial contribution toward the costs of the project “Sustainable Development of Protected Area Ecosystems (Component 2)”. Project Executing Agency (PEA) will be the Tanzanian National Parks which is under Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism(MNRT). The project will be co-implemented by the Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS). The project concerns the sustainable conservation of the Katavi-Mahale Ecosystems and the Katavi-Mahale Corridor.
Our organization HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, in partnership with GITEC-IGIP GmbH, is invited to submit a technical proposal for the said project. In preparation to this we are currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated expert for the following position:
Position: National Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Expert
Posted on:1 August 2022
Application by: 15 August 2022
Project status: Proposal
Project title: Sustainable Development of Protected Area Ecosystems(Component 2)
Period of project: Approximately Q4 2022/Q1 2023
Duration of Assignment: 30 months
Country / Duty station: Tanzania / Mpanda with frequent visits to the Katavi and Mahale Mountains National Parks, and the Katavi-MahaleWildlifeCorridor
Postgraduate university degree in a discipline appropriate for this assignment
· At least 3 years of experience in construction supervision and ESHS performance tracking of similar projects, including responsibilities for community liaison and stakeholder engagement;
· Experience in implementation supervision of ESMPs in line with international environmental and social safeguard standards;
· In-depth familiarity with national regulations and international best practice related to occupational health and safety and public health and safety as well as any environmental regulations, including those which are specific for protected areas;
· Experience within construction related stakeholder engagement and grievance management, including management of workers’ grievances;
· Experience in working along international safeguard standards within construction supervision;
· Excellent reporting skills and ability to develop comprehensive and structured supervision reports;
· Ability to achieve the objectives of ESHS management in difficult environments, including ability to provide thorough and strong guidance for contractors and workers related to ESHS requirements.
· Experience with working for international firms.
· Proficiency in English
· Proficiency in Kiswahili
How to Apply:
Interested, qualified applicants send their CV to Helvetas: [email protected] , by using “National ESHS Expert” as the subjectline of their email.
- Total Jobs 16 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam