Iringa Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Iringa Municipality for enhancing their health and quality of life. In order to achieve the compact objectives, IRUWASA now seeks applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following position:-
NETWORK/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – (1 POST)
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Information and Communication Technology Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain and administer computer system, networks and related computing environments including computing hardware, operating systems and all related configurations.
- To perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- To diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
- To plan, coordinate and implement security measures to protect data, software,and hardware.
- To monitor performance so as to determine whether adjustments need to be made and determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Academic Qualifications, Age Limit and Work Experience
- University Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Computer Science,Information Systems, Telecommunication Engineering, Software Engineering, and Computer Engineering with the minimum of 2 years internship/work experience from a reputable institution in the same field as this job.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and my SQL database.
- Certification in networks and operating systems such as CCNA, MCSA and LFCS will be an added advantage.
- Strong ethics and understanding of business ethics and information security
- Age between 25 and 45 years.
Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, Linux Operating Systems, Network Monitoring, Firewalls and Routing and Switching.
- Knowledge of PHP or other Data Base program language.
- Sufficient oral and written communication skills; ability to identify and convey requirements, designs and operation of hardware and operating systems.
- Wide knowledge of technologies, local/wide areanetworking, telecommunications, server and clientoperating systems, development, project management, ICT security, the concepts of distributed systems and web technologies.
- Sound professional judgment, flexibility, resourcefulness, initiative and tactful.
- Must be able to interact with users at all organizational levels.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
- According to IRUWASA Salary Scale: IWAS 5
- Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- For Ajira Mpya Leo | Latest Jobs In Tanzania Click Here!.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should be sent to IRUWASA by hand, registered post, EMS and DHL not later than 21th April, 2019.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 570,
NOTE:WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!