Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
If you are kind, exceptionally skilled in midwifery, keen on continuous skills and professional development and enjoy working with patients this job is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance of day to day clinical duties as allocated and required within the unit-including clinic, wards, delivery suite and theatres.
- Adhere to the documentation and data collection systems and ensure accuracy for the clinical area including ability to fill MTUHA and other register books.
- Ensure clinical waste is disposed appropriately
- Provide health education advice to antenatal and postnatal women and families including family planning counselling and advice.
- Conduct normal and abnormal deliveries i.e. twins and breech independently.
- Care for high-risk patients i.e. twin, pre-eclampsia/eclampsia BOH extra.
- Perform assisted deliveries in emergency situation.
- Manage obstetric emergency practically such as administration of Mgso4, management of PPH, Shoulder dystocia extra.
- Ready to work in rotations in all the clinical departments
- Take on any other roles and responsibilities that arise in the day to day running of the centre as defined by the management team
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or in Midwifery
- Must be registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council and possess current practicing license.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proved professional experience (at-least 2 years of experience in labor ward is a MUST) in hospital/healthcare setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft office ie Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Good understanding of Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines, policies, ethics and guiding procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various guidelines in labor ward including management of dangerous drugs, PMTCT-1, oxytocin administration. Training on CeMOC or Bmoc will be added advantage.
- Knowledgeable on IPC and 5-S
- Kind, team player and able to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to [email protected]. Application should be sent by 20th June, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!