Background. Spallanzani Action With Africa – SAWA TANZANIA is a registered trustee, nonprofit organisation, established and incorporated under the Trustees Incorporation Act (Cap. 318 R.E.2002) with certificate of incorporation no. 5232 since 2015. SAWA TANZANIA aims at promoting health cooperation and translational research by pursuing activities of mutual solidarity, operating overall in collaboration with the public medical sector in the United Republic of Tanzania.
SAWA TANZANIA is based in Dodoma Region and focuses its actions in strengthening the health system, especially in the field of infectious diseases, with projects aimed to increase the quality of health services. SAWA TANZANIA also collaborates with the Italian National Institute for Infectious Diseases (based in Rome, Italy) to promote and conduct translational research in infectious diseases field in order to contribute to the empowerment of the health system, with positive impact on patients’ outcome.
Duty Station: all 3 positions (Laboratory Technician, Medical Coordinator and Nursing Officer) will be located in Dodoma Regional Referral Hospital, Dodoma, Tanzania
Contract duration: as a full-time fixed term of twelve months, renewable with possible extension depending on performance and funding.
SAWA TANZANIA is an equal opportunities employer and has its own Employment Conditions Scheme in Remuneration Overall goal of the job positions: support to the Decentralization of the management of Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in Dodoma Region, Tanzania (DETER -TB)
Nursing Officer (1 Post)
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognised University or Institution and registered by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take general nursing care of patients
- Administer drugs and other treatments as prescribed by Medical Doctors
- Counselling patients and educate patients on their health problems
- Ordering drugs from pharmacy and ward equipment from stores
- Giving health education to patients and relatives about Tuberculosis
- Collecting essential medical data and preparing reports of his/her working performance
Deadline for application. Deadline for submission of application is 27 of May 2019.
Mode of application.
All applications should be enclosed with relevant certified certificates and detailed curriculum vitae which indicate 3 referees’ contacts.
Applicants are invited to indicate all contact information necessary in order to reach them easily. Application should be submitted to the address below (through email or postal).
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear for us in two weeks time after the closing date, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
P.O. BOX 11044, DODOMA
Email: [email protected]