ADP Mbozi is Non-Governmental Organization operating in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 1986. This organization was registered as a Trust Fund in November 1995 and later on complied with NGO law in Tanzania in October 2005 (registration number is 1639).
According to ADP Mbozi strategic plan 2017 – 2021 the mission of ADP Mbozi is to be a leader in facilitating socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural and urban communities in Southern Highlands of Tanzania through promotion of improved agriculture production and food utilization, entrepreneurship and market development, addressing challenges of environment and climate change and community empowerment on children issues, gender, HIV and AIDS and good governance. Moreover, the organization strives to strengthen its internal capacity in order to implement successfully the mentioned focused areas.
The headquarter of the organization is located in Vwawa town, Mbozi district in Songwe region, 70 km from Mbeya city and along the Dar Es Salaam – Lusaka highway.
Currently, the organization is in agreement with HELVETAS Tanzania to implement a four years project (2020-2023) known as Empowering women and youth in horticulture production and marketing. Kilimo Bora cha matunda na mbogamboga kwa Wanawake na Vijana (KIBOWAVI)
The Goal of the project is to improve livelihoods of 75,000 rural people, including 15,000 directly targeted poor smallholder farmers (at least 70% women, 50 % youth) in three regions of Mbeya, Katavi and Songwe.
The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work, seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Nutritionists/ Horticulturalists.
Candidates with the following minimum qualifications are welcome to apply:
- Degree holder in Nutrition/ Horticulture/Agriculture and other social sciences relevant discipline.
- Must be vibrant, efficient and well-organized person who can work with minimum supervision.
- Must be conversant with community development/Mobilization approaches as well nutrition issues.
- Must be computer literate especially word processing, spreadsheet and database.
- Must be prepared to work extensively in rural areas.
- Experience of not less than three years in field having worked with NGO will be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to write and speak English and Kiswahili fluently.
- Organize and lead nutrition/Horticulture related activities including identification of nutritional innovation and technology needs in the various segments of the project.
- Provide nutritional counselling and link beneficiaries to related service providers to access nutritional advise and nutritional supplements
- Ensure community volunteers have up to date information, sufficient working materials and are updated on any changes made in data collection tools.
- Providing consultations of nutrition and assess nutritional needs, current diets, diet restrictions at the household level.
- Capacity building of smallholder horticulture producers in nutrition sensitive practices with focus on importance and use of nutritious and safe food, on PHM and quality produce
- Provide up to date data and information on the progress of the project implementation at the community level.
- In collaboration with local government, district council officials together with HELVERTAS, CODERT conduct sensitization meetings to farmers as well as profile/Identify farmers existing groups and their farms.
- Facilitate creation of new and strengthening of existing horticulture producer groups, incl. facilitation of leadership of women & youth
- Work with farmers groups and innovative farmers using participatory approaches such as FFS, PRE etc
- Capacity building of smallholder horticulture producers in GHP and climate smart horticulture, including on-farm research and demonstrations
- Organize and execute trainings to smallholder farmers’ groups on agronomic horticulture practices.
- Prepare and write progress report in monthly, quarterly basis.
- Facilitate linkages and partnerships within different horticulture sub-VCs and agreements to engage
Remuneration will be attractive based on qualifications and experience
How to apply
Applications with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates must be accompanied by names of two referees with a valid contact telephone numbers, emails and post address
The applications should be addressed to:
P. O. Box 204
Vwawa, Mbozi Songwe
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +255 25 2580095. Cell: 0754 398342. Fax: 2580312.
Closing date for the submission of applications is 13rd March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview.