CVM is seeking to recruit a Office Secretary. The office secretary will serve as an assistant to the Administrator helping, coordinate general staff meetings, oversee office and volunteers’ security, handle petty cash schedule, may coordinate staff and visitors’ travel, compile, answer telephones, take messages, and welcome visitors. S/he will assist with general office duties including car logistics.
Your commitment of a high degree and loyalty to CVM Organization is to be highly valued and personnel agendas, favoritism or personnel advantage are against the spirit for which you are selected to work in a senior post of responsibility. A high level of humility and service to the work is expected from you to allow you to enter well in to the philosophy of the projects promoted by CVM. CVM is dedicated to building the dignity of people and in your work, this comes foremost especially in respect of women, sanitation, PLWHAs and other disadvantaged groups and is seen as an important responsibility.
- MAJOR DUTIES
- Maintain all staff records and files;
- Provide support to the Administrator: preparing payment vouchers;
- Custodian of office petty cash;
- Solicit quotations from vendors for approved procurements;
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders for approved procurements and send them to vendors;
- Receive and verify invoices received from various vendors, attach LPOs and submit to the administrator for payment processing;
- Helping, coordinating general staff meetings, drafting and preparing minutes of meetings.
- Answer telephones, take messages and receive / welcome visitors;
- Make calls for staff upon request;
- Handle incoming and outgoing mails and parcels;
- Ensure continuous availability of office utilities and logistics;
- Handling of car logistics and updating file;
- Report and follow up on faulty lines;
- Responsible for front office security;
- Ensure office cleanness by supervising the cleaning staff;
- Other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Required Skills
- Diploma in secretarial studies or equivalent;
- 2 years or more relevant experience as a Secretary or Administrative Assistant;
- Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques;
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in English and Swahili is essential
- Good computer skills, especially in word, excel, email and internet
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated success working effectively with deadlines;
- Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture, and distance;
- Integrity and professionalism;
- Excellent listening skills and empathy.
Undertake whatever activity may be required for fostering the vision, work and the interests of the Organization and/or may be requested by the CR and CVM Director.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 November 2022.