Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Operation Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
The Operation Manager will be responsible to manage, plan and execute organization projects through designed programs and monitoring the project progress.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise all projects in Education, Advocacy, Health and WASH teams.
• Oversee research for establishment of new Community Development Projects.
• Coordinate and establish partnership with government and non-government organizations in the community.
• Reviewing and checking reports and activity plans in all assigned Community Development Projects.
• Organizing meeting with community in all assigned Community Development Projects.
• Overseeing and organizing monitoring and evaluation of all assigned projects.
• Plan, execute and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Liaison with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
• To oversee and review final reports of all projects conducted.
• Any other related duty as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor Degree in Community Development, Project Management or related field.
• Three (7) years’ work experience on project planning and management and related field.
• Experience overseeing construction projects
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
• Knowledge on project management and budget management.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Time Management
• Leadership skills, problem solving skills, creativity and innovative in decision making.
• All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
• Deadline for application is not later than 20th January, 2020.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.